Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm in the Army stationed in J-land and of course being the Honda enthusiast I am, I had to have a JDM Honda product, being that I owned a '00 Civic Si in the states. I finally settled on a dark grey '94 Honda Integra (Yes I said that right. No acura in Japan, only Honda). I love it to say the least. The B18C runs like a champ. So here's my question, anyone know what it costs to convert one of these babies over to US specs so that I can bring her home with me? If anyone knows what has to be done to bring her up to spec, that would be even better, I can do some of the work myself. Hopefully I'll make a trip down to Tokyo to Spoon or Mugen and buy a few gifts for my new baby. Any help with this will greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Check with import companies that deal with autos. There is someone on this board(sorry.I can't remember who) that has a new Honda Integra Type R (RSX). Do a search and try to find him and ask him.If I remember correctly,he brought it in from Canada.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think its pretty difficult to do it. There is this really big junkyard here in North Carolina and they havent been able to import a single FULL Integra or Civic Type R from japan. Try to contact someone who would know how hard this is to do

·
Registered
146 Posts
DOT websites. Call the DOT. You are gonna have to pay at least 7,000 US dollars to it legally. Look at where I am from. I have done the research, and know plenty of others who wanted to do the same thing. Call Motorex. Not to crush your dreams, but it's next to impossible. Take all the parts you buy for your car off before you PCS and bring them back to the states with you. Then, buy a US Spec Teg, and put it all on that. Closest thing you can get my man.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
My freind had his car imported from Geremeny to the US he got his car for $25thous (600 S class benz V-12) in Germeny but he spent a good $50thous total to bring it to the US that was included in the car price, taxes, shipping charge, etc.

I bought a 97 600 S class V-12 for $20thous over sea and its sitting at my grandmother house but next year it will be move to my condo (vacation house) that I just bought. I wanna ship it to the US but it will cost me over $30thous. So I decide to leave it there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
YOOU KNOW WHAT BUD... JUST TALK TO YOUR T.M.O THEY WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO DO SINCE WE DO HAVE INTEGRAS IN THE STATES IT SHOULD BE RELATIVLY EASY.
I JUST GOT BACK FROM IWAKUNI (MAINLAND BELOW HIROSHIMA)
U.S.M.C.

·
Registered
146 Posts
EvilFrank, did you bring your car with you? What kind did you have? It's completely different cause it's RHD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Contact MotorEx (www.motorex.net) they import hundreds of cars from japan and other countries and bring the up to code. They could even do it for you. I know this first hand because i have talked to them many times about importing cars from japan. just let them know what you have and where it is and when you need it done. but beware it is VERY Expensive to do this. I know someone that had a Honda Integra Type-r Imported it cost him $10,000 give or take a few hundred. If you are in japan would you be willing to exports some parts to me. I will of course pay for all shipping charges and other costs while giving you a hefty fee for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks to all for the replys, advice and help.

EvilFrankCastle:
Thank you. I will definately check with TMO. My best friend was stationed at Iwakuni MCAS about a year ago. He was an air traffic controller. The name was Caceres, maybe you knew him, maybe not.

TurboTypeR:
I will all check the given web site. Thank you. I'm afraid that the arrangement you suggest is somewhat of a grey area as far a legality. I'm afraid that on this forum, I will have to officially decline your offer. I hope you understand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If i am not mistaken. Dont all imported cars from Japan and overseas have to be brought over in 3rds. Cut at the front fire wall and rear. I could have sworn this needed to be done. Mistake if Iam wrong. on the other hand. Wolfman2000 get ahold of me. I have a friend that was able to get his over here. Hint Hint. So just PM me. Aight....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, cutting is not necessary. I'm in the Army, so the army pays the shipping cost to the states. I don't have to deal with import taxes or tarrifs or any of that other S***. All I have to pay is the cost of bringing the car up to US specs (emissions, safty, etc.)

·
Registered
523 Posts
i thought you were allowed to bring cars to the US without going through all of that legalizing sh*t if you were using it for racing purposes only. Just sit it in the garage or something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts