Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i had my car dyno, i did like 20 runs and couldn't put good numbers, i had dyno before i put down 150hp just CAI and Cat back exhaust, the guys at the dyno told me that their is something wrong with my car cuz it freaking their computer out, their said it could be anything affecting my car, he said something about my knock sensor, i don't know how to post my sheet if i email them to somebody will u help me out and post here so u guys can tell me what wrong with my car.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they did the tune car, with VAFC 2 and got a nice fuel ratio but at like 6rpm there a gap (blank)

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
It's blank? Did you take the car all the way to redline when it was being dynoed? That's your powerband man...if they only did a dyno up to 6k, that would be the reason your car is not performing to your/their expectations...6k is when the fun begins.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no all the way to 8k and the new number were 156 hp with 114.9 tq that after installing a header, hi flow cat, FPR and VAFC

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No CEL, they said the car was heating up fast, well i was yeah i did like 13 runs and all those runs were up to 8k rpm, they told me it could be related to my exhaust system?

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
That's wheel horsepower?? That is almost where you should be...

Tell me what header and high flow cat (the measurement) you have.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
AEM cold air intake
Tanabe super medallion racing exhaust
DC sports 4-1 header
Random Technology Hi Flow Cat
B&M FPR and Gauge

Ok....Is that a regular DC sports header or the JDM DC header?

And what's the measurement on the high flow cat...2.25 or 2.5?

Your numbers are normal...if that's the regular DC header that is...there's nothing special about them, then are only a 2 inch collector. You should have opted for the DC JDM header with the 2.5" collector...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well im going bolt on for now, i have DC sport header 4-1
not JDM and Random Technology HFC, as for the measurement im not sure, i'll find out.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
BTW, what did you expect your WHP to be? Most bolt on GSR's with the "regular" boltons, will hit 160 or 165.

Besides, as always said around here, it's not the peak number that matters but how your torque curve is...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i was hoping 160, oh well it u saying that a normal number, but i still going to change a few thing in car like spark plug and wires and my fuel filter. i didn't gained much torque, before 114 now 114.9 lol

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Absolutely man...a tune up may be what is needed to get the car running at optimal performance again. Excellent idea.

But like I said, if you wanted bigger numbers, you should have gotten a 2.5" collector header and then maintain the 2.5" all the way back through the exhaust...costly but it would have performed better. I'm sure you understand why.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Mar/08/04 said:
BTW, what did you expect your WHP to be? Most bolt on GSR's with the "regular" boltons, will hit 160 or 165.

Besides, as always said around here, it's not the peak number that matters but how your torque curve is...
i dont know about that one justin. I usually see regular GSRs hit 155whp w/ all the bolt-ons. the freak ones hit 160-165.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Well all cars are different. The condition they are in and how they are maintained.

You said your car was running hot. Replace the coolant, do an oil change and hell if your MTF is old, change that too.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
why would they say you got those numbers because of your knock sensor? You said you have no cel light so assuming it is working then they should know your knock sensor is fine. sounds like they threw a random guess out there. Sure they know what you are doing with your car?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i did changed the oil recently i aslo had changed my manual transmission fluid too, i care for my baby i keep healty, hmmm i haven't changed my coolant, will do that, here the website for the dyno shop http://www.streetflight.com/

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
vacuum line on or off?

Jair you raise the fp to meet the needs of your motor.

you aim to adjust the af ratios at which you are lean and making no torque. you increase the fp until you get a suitable af ratio and torque gain together in the rpms where you had a torque dip and were lean (or if the injector duty cycle was maxing out). you then use the fuel controller to lean down the rpms that became too rich after the fp adjustment.

stock gsr (Helms Manual www.helminc.com: GET oNE!! IT'S THE BEST 60 bucks you'll ever spend because it pays for itself over and over) FP: 48-55 psi vacuum line off. don't exceed a 25% increase or you kill your injectors and throw off the ecu fuel table program's calibrations.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts