Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya i know this might sound stupid, but im lookin for a new oem style front bumper, found a new, primed one for a "94-97" integra. my question is will this really not fit a 99 cuz it looks the exact same

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
94-97 and 98-01 front ends are different. Get integras from both generations and line them up side by side and look at the front end. Sure when you look at them seperately they look exactly the same. But there are many subtle differences.
--corner lights, air dam, headlights, etc.
Check with your Acura dealer (or a bodyshop) to see if you can order the Integra OEM aero kit. maybe that'll give you your "new bumper" look. I believe they were made for the 98-01 integras cuz my friend's 99 has the OEM kit on it. Not sure if there are 94-97 OEM kits. Or is this "OEM aero kit" just a load of crap and she told me the wrong thing...

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Clutch784 is correct. I had my car (99 GSR) lined up right beside my boy Chase's car (94 LS) and the differences are definitely there. I remember him sayin "Damn Justin, our cars are so different." And it was night out! They are definitely different in a few ways.

·
Registered
301 Posts
98+ headlights wont fit onto the 94-97 bumper. but 94-97 headlights DO fit on the 98+ bumper, though it looks kinda funny. i say stay w/ the 98 style, or else look for some 94-97 headlights, then sell your 98+ for more. or better yet find someone w/ a 94-97 and just swap front ends. theres plenty of t-iers that would be interested. more ppl rather have the newer styles you know?

·
Registered
655 Posts
yea, I'm looking into doing the conversion myself... but it will be costly. After buying the headlights for a 98+ will be close to 500 right there, 200-250 for the bumper plus getting it painted. Nearly a grand.

anyone want to swap me front ends? I have the 94-97... perfect condition. I'll take a 98-01, trade plus I'll provide extra cash. If intrested let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts