Team Integra Forums banner

93 integra gs exhaust system

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Clos1986 
#1 ·
I recently got a 93 gs integra, and the exhaust is going bad, I bought a skunk2 alpha v2 header, but didn't realize most exhaust for my car aren't exactly 2.5 in, so what's a good 2.5 exhaust catback system?

#3 ·
Its basically a stock engine, its just I bought a skunk 2 header not realizing that there's barely any 2.5 exhaust systems for my 93 gs, and I don't wanna return the header. So I'm wondering if a 94 gs exhaust is the same diagram for my 93 gs or if there's a 2.5 catback system I don't know about

#4 ·
You wouldnt have to return the header, you can "bottleneck" the exhaust. For a stock engine, i wouldnt be worried about the bottleneck. I mean, thats how the JDM type-r exhaust is. Its got the header with the 2.5" collector, and it necks down at the cat and then reduces to 2.25" or right around there.

If you really want a 2.5" exhaust, there are a few on ebay that are stainless steel. They actually aren't too bad, i have one on my car right now. It is unbearably loud without the silencer though.

#5 ·
Okay, I really appreciate your input and help in my exhaust situation! So I'm thinking of getting the tanabe catback, but if I bottleneck it, where should I get the extra pipe to "bottleneck" I don't want some cheap material that will break on me, so if you have any suggestions on where I should buy it, it would be appreciated.

#6 ·
i bought flange that would bolt up to the back of the cat and match the outlet size, and i found some exhaust reducers that will gradually reduce from my 2.5 to 2.25" exhaust, both on ebay. When i get to the exhaust part of my project, i'm just going to take it to a local shop and have them fab it up. whatever pipe they end up needing should be minimal, they might be able to make up all of the difference in the pipe reducer piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.