Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've heard plenty of things regarding adjusting intake/exhaust valves to perform better than oem specs. Need just a little information so I can get a little more (if possible) out of my fresh rebuild. Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
valves

So I've heard plenty of things regarding adjusting intake/exhaust valves to perform better that oem specs. Need just a little information so I can't get a little more (if possible) out of my fresh rebuild. Thanks.
If your valves are ticking then they need to be adjusted it will make care have a smoother idle and run a little better . If they are not leave them alone wont do any thing. you need a feeler gauge to do this if you never have done a valve adjustment I would not recommend you doing it take it to a shop

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already adjusted my valves because I just swapped a new head on it. I was asking for some truth behind opening valves for the intake more or exhaust more. Just wanting to know if it actually does anything because I hear of people doing it all the time to their Hondas

·
Registered
212 Posts
I already adjusted my valves because I just swapped a new head on it. I was asking for some truth behind opening valves for the intake more or exhaust more. Just wanting to know if it actually does anything because I hear of people doing it all the time to their Hondas
As far as my knowledge goes and some one correct me if im wrong but you all ways refer to the oem spec settings for the application you are working on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah yeah, you got it. Couldn't remember it was something with the valvetrain. But yeah how would I go about timing my cams for them to stay open longer on the exhaust side? I have skunk cam gears.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Adjustable gears won't change valve duration, just timing. You might want to leave that to someone with some tuning experience. You can cause some expensive problems if you play around with cam timing. If you just have adjustable cam gears on an otherwise stock engine, you won't get anything from adjusting them anyway; small gains in one part of the power band will mean a big loss in another part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Shuudoushi
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing