Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We inherited a one-owner Integra 4 door from inlaws. Decent car showing only 130K miles. Recently developed a no-start issue - replaced fuel filter months ago when it started stumbling at idle, just replaced the Main Relay (WVE 1R1053 from Rock Auto). Compelled to change the fuel pump since PO is dead and all hand written maintenance records are gone.

I understand I have to drop the tank - to remove the tank on gen 2 but has anyone done anything as ******* as cutting an access hole to reach the pump (through the trunk for 4 door). The car is almost worthless, why not? It is miserably not here and this will be done outdoors,
Thanks, Don in Dallas TX

·
Administrator
4,311 Posts
I mean, I guess you "could", but you'll have the same amount of time involved with cutting an access hole (that metal isn't thin) and also having to remove the interior. Plus, you'll be inside of a vehicle during the hot weather. Sounds counter-intuitive.

Put the time involved in just removing the tank. They're easy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You should do both. Drop the tank to replace the fuel pump. And while it's out of the way, cut an access hole & make a nice cover with a rubber seal & bolt-insert rivets. That way next time it will be easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the problem was a bad ECU. The shop that diagnosed the problem said they could not source one so I bought a rebuilt Cardone unit on Rock Auto and delivered it to the shop. Car has been back in regular use again for months. I never took any actions re the fuel pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts