Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just purchased a 92 Integra that's on cut springs. It's way way to low for my town atleast.

I'm looking to get some Coilovers for it. My problem is I have no idea what to get. I want something that gives me a little bit more drop (then stock) but not drastic. I don't wanna be scraping every speed bump or road change.

I've been looking at skunk2 but I'm not sure open to any ideas. My one buddy thinks I should just cut some new springs but only a little bit. Would appreciate anyones opinion or ideas thanks alot !

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Cutting springs is the wrong idea. You're doing a lot more than just lowering the car. You're also impacting the spring rate and recoil of the vehicle....drastically.

If you're just looking for a little more drop from factory that's cost-effective, you're on the right track with Skunk2 springs. You could definitely go with a coil-over setup that's more adjustable to tailor track, drag, or aggressive street setups, but your cost is going to go weigh up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cutting springs is the wrong idea. You're doing a lot more than just lowering the car. You're also impacting the spring rate and recoil of the vehicle....drastically.

If you're just looking for a little more drop from factory that's cost-effective, you're on the right track with Skunk2 springs. You could definitely go with a coil-over setup that's more adjustable to tailor track, drag, or aggressive street setups, but your cost is going to go weigh up.
Thanks so much man I appreciate the response! I hear eibachs are also another brand I should check-out. Would you suggest I do Coilovers or just springs? Like I said I'm mainly just looking for like an inch or two drop.

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
I would recommend springs only for your current goals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure you replace your shocks also. If they haven’t been replaced. I would go ahead and do it once and get a full coilover setup. That way you can adjust it later when needed. Instead of buying another suspension set.
Thanks man I think I'm gonna go with skunk2

·
Registered
20 Posts
New shocks depend on current and future goals. Oem->kyb/tokico blues->then start getting into adjustable dampening like Koni’s. Not too familiar with new brands in the past 5-10 years.

Springs are not just purchasing lowering springs. Spring rates are based on stiffness and the amount of weight they are supporting. Contacting eibach would be a good starting point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts