Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Got my old 92 GSR back from a friend last weekend. I dropped this car off with him ~8 years ago and haven't seen it since (life happens). I used to work at a local Honda $tealership and this was my daily driver. Unfortunately I no longer have access to all those amenities, so this will be a backyard project. My original plans were to turn it into a weekend autocross ride, and I think I'll stick with that. I had no idea what kind of condition this thing was in until it showed up. The engine and trans were pulled, as well as the head removed. The interior is another story I'd like to post pics and videos about...
Just curious if any of you guys are interested in watching me fix up (or screw up) the ol' Aztec Green Gizzer. I could definitely use some pointers and advice along the way. More importantly, I'm looking for motivation from the group, I'd hate to see this old thing rot away.
Questions?.. Comments?.. Bueller?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright here we go,
Here is the engine bay - I have my work cut out for me. I already did the ABS delete and battery relocate with the Odyssey battery, so I have plenty of room. Looks like the master cyl is still in good shape, but the booster looks cancerous.

The body is still in good shape. CF hood needs works, but I plan on respraying everything Aztec Green.

Side molding is still in good shape, but I need help with the window molding. Anyone tried the 3M stuff on Ebay? Also, need both door handles - not easy to find.

Dash is still in decent shape. Carpet has been removed, but still need to remove sound deadening material. I've heard there's a dry ice method - anyone tried this?

Previously did the rear wiper delete, and also removed the spoiler. Trunk needs shocks - you don't realize how heavy it is until they go out.

Here is where I've started - I removed the rear panel from the hatch itself as well as the rear and 2 side trunk panels. Guess what - FULL of leaves and rats nests. I pulled out the shop-vac and went to work. The panels came out pretty easy, just a few of those PITA plastic vinyl looking screws and some metal screws. After about 2 shop-vacs full of crap, I finished pulling all the panels and set them to the side.

Here I have the left panel pulled, the right panel is loose - no rats nest in that one, thank God.

Just a quick pic of the engine/trans numbers.

Cylinder Head - I haven't made up my mind on what to do with this. I need to research and find a machine shop that will check it out. I'd love to throw in some cams, upgrade springs & valves, titanium retainers, bronze valve guides. I'd like to hear some experiences with different cam set ups. I'd love to build with all Toda.

That'll do it for me this weekend. I have an engine stand coming soon, so until that comes in, I'll be working on the interior getting it stripped and probably pressure wash it inside and out - it's that disgusting. I'll take all the input I can get - Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are doing god's work lol.

Thank you! Looks like an easy job I'll tackle next weekend.
As far as this weekend, I had a few hours to clean up the GSR. I accomplished vacuuming the rest of the rats nests and contracted the black plague in the process. Engine stand didn't come in until late, so I didn't mess with the engine much, but can't wait to start on that. Honing tool should be in this week - may try and start disassembly during the week.
Until then, enjoy some progress photos. Had my 7yr old son help wash it up - I'm impressed how well the exterior still cleans up.

Next step on interior is to remove all that nasty sound deadening material.

·
Super Moderator
14,152 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts