Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the rim stage now. I want to get some nice light rims, i'm not lookin for flashy 17"+ rims here, just lightweight and good width. I was noticing the rims on my neighbor's 92-93 gsr and thought they would look pretty nice. My thoughts were if I got those, I'd powdercoat them black. Its either a cheap alternative like that, rota slipstreams, or i save up longer and get real spoon rims. I'd prefer to go as cheap as I can and use any other money for other mods. Anyways... enough rambling...

My question is... when i read 5.5JJx14 (dunno what the JJ means) on the specs of those rims, does that mean they're only 5.5 inches wide?? If thats the case then i'd rather find something else. I'm just a lil confused by the JJ and I'm hoping that they're at least 6 inches wide. Lemme know guys, thanks

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I have a 98 integra GS and I'm going for the JDM style (reasoning for the black powder coat)

·
Registered
162 Posts
yes they are 5.5 wide.. and they are 14's.. go buy 15's instead. get the fake spoonies. they're pretty light and cheap. your gonna paint them black anyways. here in so. cali.. they sell them for maybe $600 with tires for 15;s used. im pretty sure that the whole GAY-DEE-EMM thing is a fad. yeah it looks cool, but a year or two from now, nobody is gonna want $2000 black 5-star rims. get some cheap stuff, and trade them off when the time is right. you can't ever really go wrong with a nice set of enkie or ssr.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Quote: go buy 15's instead. get the fake spoonies. they're pretty light and cheap. your gonna paint them black anyways. here in so. cali.. they sell them for maybe $600 with tires for 15;s used.
Which ones you talking about?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i believe he is talking about the Rota Slipstreams. Right?

·
Registered
162 Posts
the rota slipstreams are the spoon copy.. the subzeros look pretty decent too. it is a rip off the racing hart cp-035.you can even go with a set of real racing hart cp-035C. that is the cast version.. not forged much cheaper

you can also check out konig. they have some pretty nice new wheels, the "helium" is a volk racing copy and the "traffiks" look really nice. looks nice and weighs in at under 13lbs for 15'

rotawheels.com
konigwheels.com

cheap and nice

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
also check out groupbuycenter.com i believe they have a deal on rota's right now.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool deal... thanks for the suggestions guys. great help

God i love TI.net

1 - 10 of 10 Posts