Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 91 integra ls special edition, only problem is, the car has been sitting up for 4 years now, no idea why it was sitting up, but the owners of the house where it was says that it belonged to the people who lived there then, and they dont know anything about it! i pulled the valve cover off to check the timing belt, and it looks great. the car only has 87,000 miles, and the inside looks mint. overall the car looks great, but is covered in tree sap. about 25 wasp nest and a hell of a lot of spider webs are in the car, along with snake skin under the hood. i will post pics asap also to show my new project.

my question is:

what should i do to try to get this car back on the road?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
i'm not an expert with cars but i think the first thing you might want to do is drain out the gas.. 4 years---> i think that gas isnt any good any more.. change the oil.. thats all i can think of.. good luck

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
havent tried to start it yet, that why i was wondering if i need to do anything first.

my thoughts were:

marvel mystery oil down the spark plug holes to lube the upper cylinder walls and to lube the rings, and drain the oil and gas. i have to fumigate the car for damn sure, i would hate to stir up the wasp who have been hybernating and the spiders also! lol!

it is a 5 speed, im trying to figure out if i need to do anything tranny & clutch wise also!

i just hated seeing this sweet ride going to waste, i gotta bring it back from the dead!

·
Registered
215 Posts
i would just do a complete tune up, including checking all the fluids or replacing them

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
All fluids need to be changed. 4 years is a LoNG time for a car to sit. Change the oil, coolant, MTF, drain the gas, flush the brake fluid, and change the PS fluid. DoNT START IT until you've done this. The oil will be useless by this point and will probably have at least had some water find it's way into it, the gas will also be entirely spent.

Before you crank it up for the first time, take the plug wires of the distributor and crank it for 5, 5 second intervals leaving 10 seconds between each to prime the motor with some oil. The marvel oil doesnt sound like a bad idea, as if there was any moisture in the oil whatsoever when the car was stored, after 4 years there could be some rust internally.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do everything that everyone else said. Be aware that this car is going to need a LOT of work. You're going to be changing probably every gasket on that engine and probably more. Things like power steering rack seals don't like sitting up and then getting kicked back into action. I would not be suprised if your rack and the pump started leaking in the near future. It's going to need new tires, thats a promise, those things are ovals and probably have dryrot cracks. The suspension bushings and boots are probably going to fail after awhile too. I've owned a few cars that had sat up for several years, if you are into restoring cars and know what you are in for cool, but do not even expect that this car is going to be a typical maintenance free Honda.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I would call that guy "Steve" from the Crocodile Hunter and make sure those little buggers in there don't kill you. HAHAHAHA. Just get it checked out by a dealer or a professional or have the people inspect it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
yea dude becareful about the spider webs. on my project g2 i found some spider web under the intake manifold. and i was taking it off because got a skunk2 and when i went under the car to take the couple bottom bolts off and i see a black widow just chiling there.i killed it with somebug spray. and a couple of days later i see another 1 chiling on my driver friend. thats wat happen if u dont drive it daily

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dont have the title, i work for the s/o here, so i found all the info on the car i could. i got a bill of sale from the folks who had possesion of it, it originally had a lein , so i had to get a lein release form, the original owners of the car have fallen of the earth or buried in it or something, no info or anything on em, even the people who had the lein tried to get in touch with em. they couldnt, so they gave me a lein release, everything is a go, i just have to start with a bonded title, then its all go

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here are the pics of the new project, i call it resurection!

if you look close in the pics of the passenger side windows and seats, you can see the wasp nests & spider webs lol!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep, 91, interior is really in perfect shape, no wear, tears or rips, just dirty as hell!! gonna take everything out and pressure wash it all

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
oh man that inside is a mess. I'd rip the whole inside out personaly.

Have you hosed the outside off yet?

EDIT: typing at the same time.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
also it has a factory acura cd player in it, i wasnt aware they had em offered back in 1991!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts