Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my headligth bulbs from ebay today, and I'm not too sure which one goes into the lowbeam and which one in the high beam..

they say : 9005 12Vand 9006 12V... i have 2 of each... please help me out :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
9006 = low beam
9005 = high beam (but can be modified to fit low beams but would not recommend if they are high wattage ones, you will melt your harness, lots of guys do this with Sylvania Silverstars or Cool Blues).

·
Registered
935 Posts
How many watts do they say??? If those lights are expensive I would definetly get a heavy duty wire harness for headlights because if they are high wattage they will eventually burn out very shortly. Autozone sells these harnesses for 10 bucks each I think and they have the 9006 and the 9005 set-ups. It's made by 3A racing.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Well, since the the low beams won't fit in the high beam sockets and the high beams won't fit in the low beam sockets (without modification, of course) I would say just plug them in. How hard could it be?? If the 9005 doesn't fit then its the low beam and use the 9006.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
db7ls on Mar/16/04 said:
9006 = low beam
9005 = high beam (but can be modified to fit low beams
9005 conversion is technically illegal.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
FatyGrenEyez on Mar/16/04 said:
Quote: db7ls on Mar/16/049006 = low beam 9005 = high beam (but can be modified to fit low beams
9005 conversion is technically illegal.
[/quote]
and your chances of being busted for it are like none. It was a worthwhile conversion to me contrasting my 2000 with 9005conversion silverstars and my 1994 with standard 6006 Silverstars.

edit: don't touch the bulb while installing or you will ruin it- that's the only hard part of the install.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
meconfu5ed on Mar/16/04 said:
and your chances of being busted for it are like none.
true.....but it's also part of the reason why it's illegal to sell H.I.D's now. People driving around with high beams all the time, then other people complain that the H.I.D's are too bright not knowing the difference between H.I.D's and a 9005 conversion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
eh... 9005(silverstar)is not that much of a difference to pull you over... (unless its cool blue or something similar) altho, I still want HID... nothing beats HID. Sell back your bulbs on ebay and buy some hid. DO IT NOW!

·
Registered
140 Posts
im not trying to offend anybody and im probably gonna get some hatemail for saying this but, you must be a real asshole to put high beams in your lowbeams and drive around. people that do that have no respect for other drivers. if you have want better lighting, save up and get HID. dont be cheap and blind other drivers.

·
Registered
685 Posts
orangewire32 on Mar/16/04 said:
im not trying to offend anybody and im probably gonna get some hatemail for saying this but, you must be a real asshole to put high beams in your lowbeams and drive around. people that do that have no respect for other drivers. if you have want better lighting, save up and get HID. dont be cheap and blind other drivers.
Putting 9005's in the bulb isn't necessarily going to blind oncoming drivers. The reason normal highbeams blind drivers is because the bulb is tilted up at a higher angle. But when you put a 9005 in the 9006 location, the bulb is at an angle that shouldn't affect oncoming traffic.

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
You're only an asshole if you do it in reflector style headlights. The projectors we have keep the light on the ground and out of oncoming traffics eyes. How would 9005 blind people but HID's wouldn't?

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
have any of yall done a 9005 conversion for the low beams? and about how much total did it cost, time, money spent, difficulty of the change and all that. i live out in the country and need brighter low beams. thanks

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Your not an asshole, but your talking out of your ass. lol.

·
Registered
685 Posts
tsugsr on Mar/16/04 said:
have any of yall done a 9005 conversion for the low beams? and about how much total did it cost, time, money spent, difficulty of the change and all that. i live out in the country and need brighter low beams. thanks
It's not too expensive. I bought my Silverstars on sale at Autozone for $35. However, they are normally about $50 for a pair of bulbs. If you want to use a 9005 harness, they're about $5.50 each at Autzone.

Read the article and you'll see that the mod doesn't take that long to do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
timmy8151 on Mar/16/04 said:
Quote: orangewire32 on Mar/16/04im not trying to offend anybody and im probably gonna get some hatemail for saying this but, you must be a real asshole to put high beams in your lowbeams and drive around. people that do that have no respect for other drivers. if you have want better lighting, save up and get HID. dont be cheap and blind other drivers. Putting 9005's in the bulb isn't necessarily going to blind oncoming drivers. The reason normal highbeams blind drivers is because the bulb is tilted up at a higher angle. But when you put a 9005 in the 9006 location, the bulb is at an angle that shouldn't affect oncoming traffic.
i stand corrected with the angle thing. but i still hold on the fact that HID's are better. and worth the extra money

·
Registered
299 Posts
Furious94LS on Mar/16/04 said:
Quote: orangewire32 on Mar/16/04im not trying to offend anybody and im probably gonna get some hatemail for saying this but, you must be a real asshole to put high beams in your lowbeams and drive around. people that do that have no respect for other drivers. if you have want better lighting, save up and get HID. dont be cheap and blind other drivers. Your not an asshole, but your talking out of your ass. lol.

lol no comment

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
orangewire32 on Mar/20/04 said:
i stand corrected with the angle thing. but i still hold on the fact that HID's are better. and worth the extra money
Yes I know. I have HID's but not everyone can afford to buy them. Don't call people assholes when you're wrong please.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts