Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,538 Posts
Because the G3 teg has the projector style lenses, the light is focused on the ground and not at drivers. The light may look brighter but they definatly aren't on the level of high beam bright. I've never been flashed for having it done. The light may be brighter but its still focused on the road. Its like a flashlight aimed at the road in front of you and a spotlight aimed at the road. You can tell that the spotlight is brighter, but since its not aimed at you, it doesn't really bother you.

The reason for that is simple. Its the same reason that we use different stereos than were originaly intended. Or why we use different wheels. Its all about the styling and modification of our cars. Plus its fun.

· Registered
4,538 Posts
You can do it wth any 9005 bulb. Cool blues run you about 12 bucks apiece in most auto part stores. I'd use those if you aren't sure about how you are going to like it. Silverstars are about 50 bucks a pair. They are worth 50 bucks as the conversion bulbs but they are pretty average for high beams. I wouldn't buy them unless it was for the conversion. Phillips makes another "blue"ish bulb that works very well for the conversion. Its like 8 bucks a bulb at K-mart. I'd get the Cool Blues. Someone said they just got a set of em for 12 bucks at Wal Mart.

· Registered
4,538 Posts
You take some 9005 high beam bulbs and compare them to some normal 9006 low beams. Down the center there are two rail thingys. Those have got to go. Either melt them out with a sodering iron or cut them or file them out. However you want to do it. The top tab needs to be trimmed up a bit too so it will fit in the socket. Basicly just make that 9005 bulb look like a 9006 bulb and you are good to go. Its super simple and only takes 5 minutes. Do a search on '9005 Conversion' on this board and you'll find a link to a page that gives you photos and everything on how to do it. Its way easy. Eaiser than changing your CD in your stereo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.