Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to walmart and purcahsed some GE superblues (there not really blue like the name says it is) anyways i just finished doing one side of the light. it was around 6pm when i first finished one side and i noticed there wasnt a big difference. you can obviously see one side is a little brighter but not as bright as the one in the DIY article. i'll have some pics tonight when it gets darker.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You have to remember a lot of factors go into what you see with your eyes.

As for the article, you see it through someones camera quality, then your monitor/video card quality on your screen on the website. When you see your own lights in real life there is an obvious difference in clarity. on top of that you have the focus of your own eyes, plus where you were looking at the lights from (angle, inside/outside, daytime/nighttime, etc).

Then outside of all of that, your housing could just be dirty. You never know. There are a few things you could do to make sure you are getting the best light possible for the setup you purchase, but if its even a little better than it was I think it is worth it (depending on how much you forked out for it that is)

- Josh

·
Registered
729 Posts
I was thinking about getting those bulbs when I was at Walmart yesterday., but I was going to stay with 9006's. Did u see the ultra high ones?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
go get slvania silver stars... best bulbs money can buy for the high beam conversion.. thats what I ran for bout a year before I went HID

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PhantomTEG on Feb/28/04 said:
go get slvania silver stars... best bulbs money can buy for the high beam conversion.. thats what I ran for bout a year before I went HID
silver stars are like $40 compared to the ones i bought that was $20

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
man, what the hezzy?! they're freakin yellow. go return them to walmart for a refund and tell them it's false advertising. 9005 silverstars don't look so white either :-/

with no camera flash

with slow flash

with regular flash

does anyone have a 9005 conversion with purple bulbs? i've very interested in doing a purple 9005 conversion and need some pics

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i fixed the pictures, they are not as yellow when you turn off the flash on the camera, lol. the car is parked on the driveway to its angled up a little thats why you cant see any light on the ground.

korean_teg your right, the best thing to do is the HID, but i dont have that kind of money to spend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
this might sound like a stupid question, but what really is the difference between the 9005 and 9006, and why do people convert them?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IntegraGS98 on Feb/28/04 said:
this might sound like a stupid question, but what really is the difference between the 9005 and 9006, and why do people convert them?
9005 are the high beam light bulbs and the 9006 light bulbs. putting the 9005 bulb in the 9006 socket produces more light. so i guess its a cheaper way instead of doing the HID conversion.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
JayDeeEm on Feb/28/04 said:
ok i fixed the pictures, they are not as yellow when you turn off the flash on the camera, lol

korean_teg your right, the best thing to do is the HID, but i dont have that kind of money to spend.
:werd: post up some more pics :)

i have silverstars

9006 is for low beam and 9005 is for the high beam. 9005 uses more voltage thus creating more lumens, and the 9005's don't have a cap at the end of the bulb

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just took it for a drive and i was amazed. there was a big difference. there is not much of a difference when its early but when its at night you can see further.

i hope the conversion wont damage anything in the long run, lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so has anyone ever had problem with this conversion? besides burnt light bulb. anyone had the wires over heat from the bulb or anything

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
gnush*t on Feb/28/04 said:
Quote: JayDeeEm on Feb/28/04ok i fixed the pictures, they are not as yellow when you turn off the flash on the camera, lol

:werd: post up some more pics :)

i have silverstars

9006 is for low beam and 9005 is for the high beam. 9005 uses more voltage thus creating more lumens, and the 9005's don't have a cap at the end of the bulb
NO, 9005 does NOT use more voltage, they use more WATTAGE ( typical 65w vs 55w ). both 9006 and 9006 run off of 12 volts.

also, be careful to judge the light's color and brightness when taken with a camera. besides the sensor's quality, the software processing within the camera itself will automatically adjust the brightness ( shutter speed ), and the white balance ( biggest factor, determines the final color temperature of the picture ). the only way to really know how these will look like is to actually look at them with your own REAL eyes.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts