Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since my gsr has a redline of 8,100 do you think i should go with a 8k or 10k autometer tach. i don't plan on going na or doing anything that could raise my redline past 8,100.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well you said it yourself. You car redlines at 8100 right. So if you don't want your needle to be stuck at 8000, then go with the 10000. But if you are not into racing and stuff like that then you can go with the 8000. To me the 10,000 is better cuz you don't ever want a tach thats EXACTLY your redline.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I agree, 10,000rpm tach.

Another question.. Why does everyone buy the aftermarket tachs? Are they that much more accurate than stock? Get them cause they look good? I am just curious as I have NEVER seen the need for one with a factory equiped tach. If your excuse is cause its easier to see, why not save money and buy just the shift light?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i would go with the 10k cause u dont want ur needle stuck on 8100 and also the 10k looks meanier so go with the 10k!!!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
JUICEDGSR95 on Sep/17/02 said:
I agree, 10,000rpm tach.

Another question.. Why does everyone buy the aftermarket tachs? Are they that much more accurate than stock? Get them cause they look good? I am just curious as I have NEVER seen the need for one with a factory equiped tach. If your excuse is cause its easier to see, why not save money and buy just the shift light?
i thought the exact same thing... but then i calculated it all out.... shift light ($80- 130) then the pills and modual to run the shift light ($70- 140)
or you could jsut buy the tach with the shift light from $85 to 230...i bought a small 3 3/8" tach with shift light last weekend, for $90, i love it!... it's slightly more accurate then the stock, and i have it mounted right near the clock on the dash, so it IS easier to see.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
no problem JUICED... and JARED, yes you want to go with the 10k... there are some cases that in the HIGHER rpms, the signals to the tachs are not that accurate, so a 12k would be great BUT OVERKILL... 8k is to low and may be off a few rpms when you get upto that redline... so go with the middleman at 10k.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i took everyones advice and went with a 10k tach. got this autometer autogauge for $95. I wanted black, go good with my all black interior and stock gauges

1 - 8 of 8 Posts