Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just bought an 87 teg LS. Its super nice. this old lady owned it and garaged it in the winter. I was wondering what some good mods are I should do on it first. I already through an intak and ive ordered a muffler.what next? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
hey congrats on your teg. please use the search function to your left. the common topics to the upper right and articles to the upper left. trust me, it's in there.

·
Registered
460 Posts
not sure what will bolt on to your ride because of the year of your car i'm not familiar with. but all things aside i'm pretty sure you can get headers, and an ignition upgrade and that will get you a good start as far as bolt on power goes. anything further you might want to consult someone who has that model car. good luck.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
articles and common topics are your best friend...but i dunno because of your year...how plentiful parts will be

·
Registered
47 Posts
lol . headers intake..cams..cam gears... head work..there parts out there go to g1teg.org... all about are cars

just swap that POS of a motor .. sorry im have a hard time with my d16a1... its a piece of sh*t.. not really just once u start f**kin with it ur never going to win..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I would turbocharge the ZC DOHC non vtec motor in it. This can be done and found somewhere cheap search the internet. I dunno of many people on here having one of those generations. Good luck though and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
JLAUDIOinCIVIC on Mar/25/04 said:
lol . headers intake..cams..cam gears... head work..there parts out there go to g1teg.org... all about are cars

just swap that POS of a motor .. sorry im have a hard time with my d16a1... its a piece of sh*t.. not really just once u start f**kin with it ur never going to win..
Theres nothing wrong with the D16a1 Jeff ....the problems may be in the owner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had the same problem with my d16a1, it could be the owner but i put 3 headgaskets on, (one was by my auto mech. teacher who is an ase certified master tech) and it still leaked after a few hundred miles so out with the d16 in with teh SIR B16
i hope it last longer than my d16a1 plus now i will have vtvec

·
Registered
40 Posts
everythings on the way and paid for except a couple hoses and fluids. Im posting pics and stuff in the g1 section if you want to see them. its under SIR swap i think

1 - 12 of 12 Posts