Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 76,000 on my engine and i was just wondering if you keep losing horsepower as your motor gets older and is it alot?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
If you religiously maintain it, the loss will be minimized. Of course there is going to be wear and tear and it will lose some performance. I don't know if you can measure "how much" it loses though...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Aug/18/02 said:
If you religiously maintain it, the loss will be minimized. Of course there is going to be wear and tear and it will lose some performance. I don't know if you can measure "how much" it loses though...
i know... that is what i've heard. my 95 has only 35k on it... but do you think an engine can lose power from age and not necesarily mileage (example is my car)?? either way, is it such a loss that it would be worth it to replace the worn parts and how would you test which parts it is?? just curious.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I guess after 75000 i should sell my car and buy an rsx with about 300 miles on it

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
It all depends on how it was maintained, I can't stress that enough. If you haven't changed the spark plugs in 8 years, then yeah, you're gonna lose performance. objects in motion will wear down until they cease motion. It's one of those law things...Someone will know what I'm talking about, I can't think right now...

"I guess after 75000 i should sell my car and buy an rsx with about 300 miles on it"

Why do you say that? If you have the money and want to do it, I guess go for it, there's nothing like a new car...

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
The basic point is that it's inevitable...The minute you drive it off the lot, you are putting wear and tear on it. Just maintain it as much as possible (i.e. OIL CHANGE EVERY 3K MILES!!) and the loss should barely be noticeable...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well I have a 91' GS...and well if its lost alot of power..then I am scared to drive a new tegy..:S...my car still has a ton of power...humm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts