Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try a 3/4" drop first on my teg to see how it rolls. Since I put the 17s on it I think it just looks a bit too high. It needs a little drop. Will I have camber issues with that minor of a drop? I had a huge drop on my Mustang and those tires lasted me about a year and a half before I had to replace them. I had a -2 degree camber in the front too. I don't expect that on a .75 drop but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Shouldnt need one at all. I have a 1.75 front and 1.5 rear drop. -1.2 and -1.4 up front. -1.2 is the top end of spec, so my right is out just a bit. That is with a drop an inch lower than yours as well. You should be fine.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you will not need a camber kit with such a minor drop such as yours, your drop shouldn't even create any negative camber over -.50 so you will not need it but anywhooo .75 inches isn't much of a difference in height or ride, your car will look high still.
btw:i dropped my car as low as it can go on ground control coilovers and i don't even have a camber kit...hehe

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i have a 2in drop and my tires lasted me a bit over two years, so your ok for a long time, just get an alignment to get it as straight as possible.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
yep.
you will have a camber issue just barely. You wont need a camber kit,it's not going to be anything an alignment won't fix.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
FlyinHighImport on Aug/19/02 said:
btw:i dropped my car as low as it can go on ground control coilovers and i don't even have a camber kit...hehe
dude is that even possible... i only have my GC's dropped like half way down and i'm like 3 inches from the ground... do you got pics??

·
Registered
103 Posts
i have a two inch drop on my teg and i don't need a camber kit....you'll be fine

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You should be fine. I just put some 0.75" H&R springs on my car. I'll try to see if I can get you some pictures before the weekend. I think it looks pretty reasonable. Anything lower than a 1.7" drop was just too low for me. I got KYB AGX's so I can adjust the stiffness if I want the car feel stiffer.

BTW, I too have a GSR sedan so that would probably help you out a lot in how low it would drop your car, or how your car would look after the drop.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I totally want to see pics of your car then, sak. What size rims do you have?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have the oem type r springs without a camber kit. Those dropped me about 3/4" No camber problems here.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I have 205/50/16 right now but planning on changing them either to 225/40/16 or 205/45/16.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

What is the lowest drop I could do without needing a camber kit do you think? Do you think a .75" drop will be good enough or should I look at going an inch or more? I just don't want to deal with the camber issues. I hate camber problems. Your car looks really good sak!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
see, that is what I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to get as much drop as I can get away with without it affecting the tire wear a great deal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2 3/4" drop, with neuspeed racing springs, my camber is -2.4 deg in front and back. I don't suggest going any lower than 2", I don't think 3/4" is low enough for wheel gap, I don't think you will have any problem w/ camber at all though. oh and they can't correct for camber when you get an alignment unless you have some type of camber kit.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
My car was dropped 2.5" and that was just way too low. Couldn't take my car anywhere I used to go anymore. I had all the bumps on the roads memorized. Now I just drive straight through them.

My only other choice was the Eibach Pro-kits. I did consider them and they would have dropped my car 1.3", which would have taken care of my little wheel gap that I'm left with. But the price for those Eibachs are just crazy. Nothing under $180. Even if you do get it at $180 you still got to pay for either tax or shipping which is not cheap. If you do find it for $180 though you are very lucky.

Another choice was to go coilover. But if I did go that way, I'd rather go all the way and get the full setup instead of just the sleeves. I have the KYB AGX"s already so that means there was no point in it.

Moreover the H&R springs have a better spring rate and are not as soft as the Eibachs.

Your car, your choice, but just to let you know, I need an alignment now because my car was dropped too low before and it may have screwed things up. And my tire wear is off. Thats one of the reason why I switched to the 0.75" drop and am looking for new tires.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts