Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i really like the velox vx8's but they're 7.5 in width. some people mounted their 205s on theirs but i never heard about the falken ziex 512 tires being mounted. i have those right now but i'm just making sure if it can be done and if a shop will do it. if not then i guess my second bet is buying the exel v-8s. thanks

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Look up the specs on the tire. It will tell you the recommended size for the tire. Or a min-max.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ive personally mounted 205-40-17s on a 7.5 inch rim, there on my gfs civic. she hasnt had a real problem with them other then after her accident, so it should be alright to do it. if you felt nervous though, i would suggest going to a 215-40-17 tire, which most companys make.

Adam

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've got 205/40/17 on my 7.5's and I haven't had any problems. It exposes a bit more of the lip of your wheel for the curb to get though. Just be CAREFUL!!

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
jojo on Feb/08/04 said:
Look up the specs on the tire. It will tell you the recommended size for the tire. Or a min-max.
Best bet is to follow what he said, however in my opinion a 205/40/17 tire will mount fine on a 7.5" wide rim. The only thing negitive that may come from it is that the side wall will slant in more.

Compared to it being more vertical with the rim...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm i just checked the tires and they said "Never mount with a 7.5" wheel". i guess i'll just play it safe and buy the exels.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm jojo you're right, i guess i just took a quick glance at it and it did say never mount on a 17.5" wheel. so i guess i'm straight, lookin for the velox vx-8s then =) thanks bro.

·
Registered
516 Posts
THE APPROVED RIM WIDTH FOR 205-40-17 IS 7" TO 8"
WHITE RICE IS RIGHT (SOORY FOR CAPS) on a 7.5 the tire
sidewall will be more rounded as oppsed to vertical.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yeah, i have 205 mounted on 8" wide. no probs, except the lips r exposed only a little... thx to the extra little bit of rubber they like to call a rim protector!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts