Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, i was wondering how many of you have the 6x9 conversion in rear...i was thinking, i dont want to get in to the direction of subs, but im looking for good response without going subs..the 6.5's arent just cutting it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah i'm tired of my subs, i'd stick with a really nice 6.5"component set, if they're amplified you'll have more than enough bass. As for putting the 6x9's in the rear deck, i'm pretty sure thats a horrible idea considering it would rattle and produce a horrible sound, not to mention the durrability, it seems pretty weak to be holding deep pimpin 6x9's. I've never heard of the rear deck 6x9 project actually working...

·
Registered
390 Posts
yeah, your best bet would be to get a nice set of 6.5s and throw an infinity basslink 10inch subwoofer in the back.. takes up less than 1 cubic foot of space and sounds great.. not too loud just a perfect amount of bass

·
Registered
588 Posts
i just bought a set from my friend rob out of his *teg* cut into the back panel, they have 2 tweeters each and an extra midrange too, they really really help with the sound of the bass and everything else

*edit*

·
Registered
37 Posts
whoa! that looks sick, you proved me wrong. Hows it workin for ya? Do you have tint back there? If not i'd be concerned about theft, I hear its pretty ghetto, or more ghetto in that part of the U.S.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i actually have 6x9s in boxes on my rear decklid, they provide much better sound than 6.5s, and although you may think having them in boxes limits rear vision, it actually doesn't really at all.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i kinda like the rear deck idea...what about if you have placement where the stock 6.5's and modify it?

·
Registered
390 Posts
s1mpl1c1ty on Jan/22/06 said:
i kinda like the rear deck idea...what about if you have placement where the stock 6.5's and modify it?
that would be more trouble than what its worth.. making new brackets and everything for it.. no fun.. i actually like the rear deck idea.. looks clean...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
you can find 6.5s that are just as good as 6x9s. I had 6x9 Rockford fosgates and ended up taken them out and puttin some aplines in the oem rear location. Just get quality 6.5s

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
the easiest way to get 6x9's in the rear of your teg is to get trade it in for a 4 door? j/k :)

laplata, did u put the 6x9 in the factory location?

·
Registered
247 Posts
ohemgee on Jan/22/06 said:
i actually have 6x9s in boxes on my rear decklid, they provide much better sound than 6.5s, and although you may think having them in boxes limits rear vision, it actually doesn't really at all.
Yeah this sounds like a damn good idea, but how did you secure the boxes from falling off the deck lid when you take a hard turn? Did you screw your boxes into your deck lid?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.