Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm looking to get a Skunk2 Alpha throttle body for my b18c1. My setup is a DC cai, Stock GSR TB, Skunk2 IM ported to 68mm, tri-y 4-2-1 headers, and stock internals. I put on a 70mm and it was bad ahaha. So I was thinking if I went smaller it would run better and breathe better. Help me out please!

·
Administrator
3,819 Posts
So should I just get oem like a itr since it's 62mm?
No, you should keep your GSR OEM stock throttle body. There isn't going to a difference in power. In fact, with your intake manifold and stock internals, you more than likely lost power.

·
Administrator
3,819 Posts
So I should invest in cams first?
What exactly are your goals? In my opinion, you're "lego" building your vehicle. Throwing parts at a vehicle, and hoping to make power. Ideally, you should be setting a power goal, and choosing the parts (based upon researching) to reach your goal successfully.

Come back to us and let us know what you're planning on doing with the vehicle. Let us know your power goals, and then we can help you reach those goals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have a rebuilt but stock B18B1. We put on the 66mm throttle body and bored out the stock manifold inlet to match. Granted its not a C5 but what everyone else is saying is correct in our experience. Our peak power and torque didn't change and it actually ended up hurting our torque curve at lower RPM. Granted, pretty much anyone could have predicted that.

King Motorsports who dynoed it put it simply to us. On the stock B1, nothing we do is going to add power besides a cam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts