Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got Tokicos on my GS-R. I think they are great. They work really well and helped my handling out.

·
Registered
988 Posts
KYB AGX ARE adjustable shocks. tell that guy he is a moron. and you should have known the AGX is adjustable if you know anything about the shocks.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
there are so many shock threads on TI its not even funny, search man...

and btw, there is nothing wrong with getting adjustables, more performance isnt going to hurt you, it just offers you more options...i run adjustables and i dont autoX or race, i jsut like to have mine set softer duriong the winter months when the potholes are out of control here, and then when they are fixed by spring i run them harder

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Tokico Blue's. I have a set now and I have no complaints. General opinion is that they're better than KYB GR2's but not as good as Koni Red's.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
xrtdac on Feb/18/04 said:
KYB AGX ARE adjustable shocks. tell that guy he is a moron.
word up, i wasnt even paying attension to what KYB's you were talking about, even more reason to go adjustable

·
Registered
72 Posts
you are right 650 is WAY too expensive. AGXs and Illuminas are both adjustable, which isn't necissarilly a bad thing. You may want to search, and find what setup would be best for you, personally out of non-adjustable shocks that are relatively inexpensive i like the koni reds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thats a rip man. it should be more like this

325 tops for the kyb's
125 tops to install
plus 50 for an alignment

i think kyb might also guarentee the shocks...

i prefer the tokico illumina adjustbles in my integra...

·
Registered
988 Posts
Where I work we charge 300 install price. You will find 300 is pretty much average everywhere unles you go to Pep Boys.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yeah man...do it yourself! save the money. I just replaced my AGX's and put new springs on last weekend. I only paid $307 shipped for the AGX shocks. You can get them for a good deal now.

With proper tools, no messing around, and knowledge (or a book to show you) of what you're doing, you can get it dont in 2hrs or less. I screwed around doing mine, made runs, and didn't have spring compressors, so it took me 4

·
Registered
448 Posts
yes, ball kicking is recomended. give him the finger and go somewhere else. around here you can get shocks installed for 90. 50 for alignment.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
KYB won't warranty their shocks if you use coilover sleeves. I'm not even sure if AGXs will even hold up to the large spring rate of the Skunk2s. The only one I can think of for sure is Koni Yellows. And yes, AGX's are adjustable so that guy you talked to doesn't know what he's talking about.

·
Registered
681 Posts
xrtdac on Feb/18/04 said:
Where I work we charge 300 install price. You will find 300 is pretty much average everywhere unles you go to Pep Boys.
ur not serious are you?

300$ for shock installation? MOst shops around here in the chicago area are 125-175$

·
Registered
851 Posts
Here in Louisville the going price is $250 for labor on spring and shock install. 60 for 4 wheel alignment.

Screamingteg: Where'd you get the AGXs? I just bought some neuspeed sport springs and will be ordering the KYB-AGXs soon. Cheapest I've found so far is about $380 shipped.

Oh yeah, the "Mechanic" is and idiot.

·
Registered
611 Posts
the installation price with alignment seems fair, but only if the guy is a master aligner and will do the installation correctly and back up his work.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
opeth13 on Feb/19/04 said:
the installation price with alignment seems fair, but only if the guy is a master aligner and will do the installation correctly and back up his work.
there is really not much skills involve for changing the shocks... if a newbie like me did it, anyone can do it. alignment is a must tho after the change.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Ever wonder why no one gets them installed there? That's a RIDICULOUS price! You can get a shop to do it for as little as $60.

·
Registered
611 Posts
codenamezero on Feb/19/04 said:
Quote: opeth13 on Feb/19/04the installation price with alignment seems fair, but only if the guy is a master aligner and will do the installation correctly and back up his work.
there is really not much skills involve for changing the shocks... if a newbie like me did it, anyone can do it. alignment is a must tho after the change.
[/quote]
The shop I took my car to botched my entire install, I had to redo everything myself and fix their errors.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts