Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I looked through the other posts regarding the 60,000 mile maintanance, and found the list of things that need to be done, I also called the dealership here and they said they would charge $475+ tax for it. I asked if the timing belt, water pump, plugs, and cap need to be changed and he told me that needs to be done at 105,000 miles. I am really confused on what I need to do, I dont have a manual either so I am not sure what to do. Here is the list of things the guy told me and also that I found on the posts in here:

Change engine oil and oil filter
Inspect fluid levels and adjust
Inspect tire pressure and adjust*
Replace air filter*
Replace engine coolant
Inspect front wiper blades*
Inspect exhaust system for leaks
Inspect drive belt condition and tension
Inspect condition of coolant hoses
Inspect CV boots for tears or leaks
Inspect steering linkage for wear
Inspect brake linings for wear
Inspect horns and lighting for proper operation*
Inspect battery condition & battery cable connections*
Lubricate suspension, latches and hinges
Rotate and balance tires*
Install MOA oil life extender
Perform fuel induction service
Perform transmission fluid transfusion

Also, I just got a new radiator cuz it busted, so I dont think I need to do the coolant stuff. If anyone can please help with some info that would be awesome! thanks

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
In the helms for my 94/95 it says 60k for the timing belt. I always thought it was 90k. 105k seems a bit high for that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
for my 60k maintenance...i'm going to:
change dist. cap & rotor
change coolant + a lil redline water wetter
change oil & filter
change plugs
change plug wires
but before i do an oil change..i'm going to sea foam my motor...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Furious94LS on Feb/09/04 said:
In the helms for my 94/95 it says 60k for the timing belt. I always thought it was 90k. 105k seems a bit high for that.
i think it's the obd2 cars..if not well at least the newer cars that needed to be changed at 105k

·
Registered
704 Posts
im pushing 105,xxx miles now without the timing belt being done....its gettin done within the next two months though...just wish i had someone local that would do it for half the shop cost..

·
Registered
935 Posts
You can do the timing belt yourself if you have compressed air and a good camtool that holds your cam gears in place during dissasembly. Also you DEF need to change out your water pump while you have the timing belt out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone, so I guess I will wait till around 90,000 miles then do the timing belt/water pump. I will do the rest + plugs/dist cap/rotor as well right now at 60,000 miles

·
Registered
176 Posts
you can go to acura.com, then register for the owners link feature and you can get all your scheduled maintenance information from there. I'm about to do my 60K service on my 99 GSR and I'm cleaning the air filter, lubing locks and hinges, replacing tranny fluid, changing spark plugs, oil change, and rotating tires. I'm not changing the timing belt until 105,000 miles. This is all per the owners manual and the acura site.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think you want to do a trans flush too. That should be done every 30x. So you should be do again. Yeah i missed that on the bottom sorry!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Maintenence schedule really depends on how you run your car. Do you do racing of any type: circuit, autox, drag? Do you drive like a friggen maniac on the streets? Do you mostly take many, very short trips (like you are a pizza boy/girl)?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to consider following a more agressive schedule.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got a few things done on my car today, and having brakes done tomorrow for $259 for all four including rotor resurfacing. This is what is left from the list, I am sure some of these are important, so I will probbably take it to the dealer sooner or later and get it taken care of (1 1/2 hr away!):

Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
you don't HAVE TO get your brakes/rotors done...only if you NEED to..i think some people feel they have to do it because it's recommended while still having a lot of meat left on their brakes

Shehzad32 on Feb/09/04 said:
I got a few things done on my car today, and having brakes done tomorrow for $259 for all four including rotor resurfacing. This is what is left from the list, I am sure some of these are important, so I will probbably take it to the dealer sooner or later and get it taken care of (1 1/2 hr away!):

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went and got a free check on the brakes, and he said that there is 40% left on the pads, but my car squeeks like a MOFO! That is because the rotors are all glazed up, he said he can resurface them for me for $120 but he said the squeeking can come back anytime and there is no guarentee, what do you think I should do?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts