Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am planning on upgrading the sh*tty stock speakers that came with my 99 GSR. I dont want to buy another amp for powering the speakers, so I was wondering is there any good sounding speakers (good mids & highs, have subs for lows) that run on 25W RMS ? Maybe my stock speakers will sound much better when I get a more powerful deck (anyone experiance this, then decide to not upgrade speakers, or do they just plain suck no matter how much power they get) ? Thanks~John

·
Registered
167 Posts
stock speakers will suck no matter what-Have u seen them?--i replaced the back speakers with MTX, im not really happy with them, but they sound a lot better than stock-i had it hooked up to the factory radio for a while and could tell a huge difference- i have also replaced front splits with Kicker (however these are amplified)-and i love them. i dont know if this helped you, but good luck with replacing them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
imo, they are. you could always check out your local car stereo store and see watcha think.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Whoa....

Yes, the MB's are great speakers...but I wouldn't bother w/them unless you plan on running an external amp as well.

You will benefit from some new speakers and deck, no question...and benefit even more w/an amp. However, if you're looking for a pair of speakers that do well w/25w rms...good luck. If you want to keep this on a budget, check out the speaker selection under $200 (or even $100) mark. That will, no doubt, sound better than what you have without breaking your bank.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey man, what type of music do you listen to? MB Quarts are great for music like jazz and blues. Alpines make great speakers. I would upgrade to the Alpine SPR series - they are top end and in a decentprice range - in the 200's.

·
Registered
70 Posts
actualy its not 25 RMS, its more like 12 RMS. Get yourself some infinity reference speakers. Cheap and they sound great for the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts