Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to wire the DEI 508D Motion Sensor to my alarm if it only has a 3 pin connector for the Shock Sensor? if so how would i do it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
from the 508d - connect the blue wire to a trunk trigger input of your alarm. this is a way to make it compatible with any alarm but you won't get the first stage warning. but it will go off when the interior "microwave ring" is broken. obviously, the black wire is grounded and the red is constant 12v+. if the trunk trigger is being used you have to use diodes to isolate the circuit. if you know about diodes, you have to have the stripe towards the trunk/508d.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MorningZ on Feb/14/06 said:
What sort of alarm?

Its just a cheap Lion Security, it says, never heard of it, but it doesn't seem to work to bad for 30 bucks.

Also in the wiring diagram it has two brown wires with 7.5 A fuses but in the diagram it makes them look like they need to be grounded. These wires are labeled "Direction Lamp" this would be for the parking lights i believe, but how where would i run a wire from to ground it?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Cvinton07 on Feb/14/06 said:
Quote: MorningZ on Feb/14/06What sort of alarm?

Its just a cheap Lion Security, it says, never heard of it, but it doesn't seem to work to bad for 30 bucks.

Also in the wiring diagram it has two brown wires with 7.5 A fuses but in the diagram it makes them look like they need to be grounded. These wires are labeled "Direction Lamp" this would be for the parking lights i believe, but how where would i run a wire from to ground it?

Dude first get a new alarm. $30 bucks for an alarm?
I have never heard of it before. Anyhow, if you want a viper PM me and I can possibly get you one.
Try this with your alarm first:
Locate the door trigger input wire. If you take the blue (instant trigger) and the green (warn away) wires from the 508D and twist them together, you can then connect them to the door trigger wire to your alarm system and you still may get the "warn-away" feature, I know nuthing about that alarm so don't quote me on it workin, but its worth a try!
Oh yeah dont ground those wires. Like you said most likely they are parking light output wires. There are two of them probably cause alot of the older european cars had two parking light circuits, one for the left side of the car and one for the right side. Just a possible theory for your whack alarm!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.