Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered before, but I figured I'd do it again, this time with better description in the title so n00bs can find it easier while searching.

Before:

During:(did the outside lens)

After:

Product used:

$4.00-$5.00 at any parts store/Walmart. 5-10 mins with this and a rag + a lil elbow grease can save you a good bit of $$$.

Enj0y!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
^^^ yep, works a million times more than never dull if your lights are really messed up. You can also do the whole plastic lighting restoration on them.

I vouch for quality, stuff worked for my lights too.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Mine were extremely dirty when I got the car, doubt they ever were changed, but a little colgate did the trick. takes the crap right off.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i used the mag polish on mine when i could not find my neverdull....IMO mothers mag polish > Neverdull, it will stay clear for about a month or two if you put a coat of wax on them. that is all i use with some wax for these results...

O by the way that application is over 1 month old and i leave my car outside all the time...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow that was a big difference in appearance. If the lenses are very yellow would it still make a huge contrast like that. I was looking at an east wood catalog and it had a headlight restoration kit for 20 dollars. I mean i have the original lens on my 95? would it be better to just get the kit or this?

·
Registered
94 Posts
slo4door, PLEASE tell me you've taken the bug and tar off of the front of your teg since you started this thread! Headlights look great though!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Sparkyintergra on Sep/24/07 said:
Wow that was a big difference in appearance. If the lenses are very yellow would it still make a huge contrast like that. I was looking at an east wood catalog and it had a headlight restoration kit for 20 dollars. I mean i have the original lens on my 95? would it be better to just get the kit or this?
i would try the $5.00 fix before the $20 fix.. if the $5 doesn't work..it's only $5.00, on the flip side if the $20 doesn't work.. it's $20.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Locrien on Sep/26/07 said:
I have a nice dramatic before and after when I painted my housings black on my 95. They looked HORRIBLE before. Also I used a DA polisher so that helped. I actually cleaned them on the before also.

Before

After

Oooh, nice!

I need to do that to mine, the cleaning and the painting black, it would go well with the black car. Is that something fairly easy to do?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
tony_2018 on Sep/26/07 said:
i have a problem. how do you guys keep the yellow from coming back. i've used plasticX with the polishing wheel and after a month the yellow returns.
Wet sand, my friend.

Wet sand the lights with 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper. This will remove the pitting and the topmost old, dry, aged plastic. Lubricate it with copious amounts of soapy water. Then rinse the light well.

Then follow that with a mild to moderately abrasive polish, like a plastic cleaner or something similar. I use either metal polish, wadding polish, Scratch-X, or something like that.

After that, get a few good coats of wax on them. Or use a synthetic sealant, or both.

This is what I did on my Integras corner lights (see the pics below). This was over a year ago, and they still look great. I haven't done it to my headlights, as they didn't need it at the time. But i've done it to the chinsey plastic headlights on my M3, also with great results. This thread reminds me, I need to do the teg's lights.

Hope that helps.

-Nick

Corner lights, before and after shots:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65709&d=1189567027
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65711&d=1189567027
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65712&d=1189567293

·
Registered
190 Posts
i realize this is not readily availible to everyone like it is to me ,being my dad owns a body shop .
but i sanded them with like 2000 grit ? some really fine grit sandpaper and then got my brother to shoot them with clear coat ....awesome !! like showroom new! and they don't turn yellow either ....he also did this to his is300 and it turned out awesome too .
you could prob take them off , prep them yourself and get them cleared at a shop for a decent price .
just a thought. i will post up some pics if i get a chance

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.