Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm trying to plan out my engine mods over the course of the next year... If I do a B20 swap, is it possible (even remotely) to use the AWD components to create an awd teg? I've heard it said that the CRV is just a civic w/ higher suspension. Anybody ever heard, seen, thought about it?

·
Registered
940 Posts
yup, thats you make it into the world records or ripley's beleive it or not!
but yeah, it can be done, ive heard it was done on 2 or 3 diffrent tegs on the forum but im not sure, ive been told its estimated like 10,000 dollars in parts? (may be wrong)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Actully Honda made an AWD 4 door civic wagon in 1989 (maybe more years but that year im positive) with two first gears one for daily driving and one for snow... 5 speed... anyone every hear of anyone making these things fast?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep save up do it and woop on every gst gsx eclipse you can

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm, still worth considering...except my teg is a 4d, drive shaft would be a couple inches short.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If anyone makes an AWD integra, i'll... wait i won't have to do anything cuz it'll never happen

I apologize for my lack of faith

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those axles on the rear of the CR-V are weak as hell...if you wanted to actually put any substantial power on that 4wd you'd probably be snappin axles left and right...excuse the pun...those things are so thin...i doubt it'd be worth it. Dope yes, worth it...no.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The ZC is a DOHC 1.6l non-vtec,roughly 130-140 hp. It'basically the same engine as Gen 1 Tegs,with more hp. It's a common swap in CRX's. I had this swap in my CRX.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
i think it would be difficult because our usdm tegs do not have a deep enough undercarriage-- you would end up scraping your drivetrain all day--- Where would your exhaust go if you used its space??? unless you jacked it up--- but whats the point of a 4x4 teg??

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah, you would definately have to lift the car a bit to make everything fit...or reroute your exhaust, then you would have to worry about hitting that. plus you wouldnt really do anything spectacular with it because of lack of torque. i mean, it would work and all, but it wouldnt be any good for off-road driving. unless you turbo the crap out of it. thats why honda didnt keep making the AWD civic or integra. they didnt see any potential without designing a new engine for it. even the crv engine sucks off-road. i have driven a awd civic...it worked, but like any other civic it lacked in torque, and it felt too heavy, and i definately wouldnt take it in grass let alone go off-roading with it.

so unless you want to make this AWD integra a big project and spend like 15gs on it...its a waste of time (i know i have already thought about it). but if you have the money to throw around and the time then please do...and let me drive it!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Another of my crazy ideas..
Take a crv with the b20 block, strap a vtec head to it (crvtec style) put b20 headers, to a custom exhaust, and do a manual transmission conversion.. Worth the money? I dont know, but it could be very cool, imaginea crv, dropped about 3 inches, on racing wheels, flying past you

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anybody know how they routed the exhaust on the XG-i? Does it have a different undercarraige?

I wanna do it because half of the tuned cars around here are WRX's. And I live about 30 miles from the Continental Divide. The weather up there is extremely unpredictable.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's definitely not worth lifting, you're right about that. I'm just looking for more sure-footed traction in winter weather, not 4X4ing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts