Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've got a Magnaflow full catback exhaust system on my teg, but that thing is way too loud... from the looks of it, the silencer was taken off by the previous owner. He told me he doesn't have it anymore.....

Where can I find a good silencer that's not too expensive? I measured it, is 4" round tip. I can't seem to find any on eBay except those really cheap $10 ones, which I don't trust....

Any sugesstions? Thank you =]

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'd see about getting one that is made specifically for the exhaust you have. I tried to use the silencer from my old tanabe exhaust on my new t1r muffler, and though it fit, it was a nasty, nasty sound. I'd say they design it with more in mind than the diameter. Just be prepared for it to sound like hell when you put it in, just a quieter hell.

I guess the first thing is, do you have a cat? If not, try that first, it will sound a lot better and save some squirells.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i got a magnaflow on mine as well and i bought the ebay "resonator" cat, its not that loud and within legal limits so that might work for you. paid about 50 bucks or so for it from megan racing. good luck

·
Registered
910 Posts
you just gotta drill a hole on your exhaust tip to keep the silencer in place, i believe we have an article on how to install one.

another route you might want to go is get a resonator installed, it sorta works like a muffler before your actual muffler, any local shop could put it on for you for im guessing around $50, generally the longer the resonator the quieter the sound

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.