Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i am putting 4 point harnesses on my jdm recaro's in my db8... i cant install a harness bar because well its a 4 door... where can i mount the shoulder harnesses to? (keeping in the back seats as i just got the 4 door R seats?) thank you so much for this help in advance)

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
yeah without doing a rollbar/cage, the easiest way to install them and keep use of your rear seats would be a harness bar. but i wouldn't reccomend that since there is no roof reinforcement.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What about the sparco harness bar? It fits right behind the two front seats and it shouldn't get in the way of your rear seats I wouldn't think. It has reinforcment bars to hold it up and it attaches to the seatbelt mount.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You may want to contact these guys and see if they can do a custom harness bar for you.

http://autoweldchassis.com/rbc.ivnu

Make sure you keep your stock harnesses for the street. And if you are going to do HPDE, consider a roll bar, not just a harness bar. 4-point harnesses w/out rollover protection may be acceptable for auto-x, but not high speed events.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it looks great but the app. guide said it only applys to the 2 door? anyone think it would still fit up?

i just looked at the installation guide and it looks like it would fit could anyone put in info after looking at the installation guide for the teggy as to whether or not the mounting points would be the same?

i think this is a great topic for the 4 door guys out there cause it hasnt been covered

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would think that this would fit into a 4 door teg. Your seatbelt is connected at the same spot as a 2 door teg. the only differance is the number of doors on the ride. Your passengers will be able to get and out with no problem. The mounts are the same on the four door as a two door teg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
gsrteg05 on Jan/28/06 said:
you won't be able to duck or slide out of the way

what do you mean?

if you get in a crash and dont have a roll bar to reinforce the roof, you cant move around or duck down, so the roof will probobly snap your neck and you will probobly either die or be in a wheel chair for the rest of your life.

worth the risks? probobly not. it may look "cool" with your new seats, but if you dont have a rollbar or even a need for harnesses, why get them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.