Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So just did a cold compression test on my b18b1 non vtec turbo, (yes I know it's preferred to do with engine warm but not driving currently) so all seemed find with #1 2 and 3 but 4 was the only one with a 15% varience difference. On dry test we got #1 145psi #2 145 #3 142 #4 118.. Wet test: #1 160 #2 165 #3 160 #4 160.. Yes it was done with a cold engine since I'm not driving it cus I'm in the middle of doing some other prep stuff for my dynotune that I may have to cancel depending on what I find out. My question is, when you are breaking in an fully rebuilt engine that currently has around 500 miles on it and was broke in properly but in need of a tune, can 3 rings sit properly and 1 not? Do I just need to drive it some more cus maybe that one just hasn't caught up with the others? Which with what I know they usually seat at the same time, but don't know if this is common especially with the firing order of the pistons being 1,3.2.4 (correct me if I'm wrong) and maybe 4 still hasn't caught up since its still somewhat fresh rebuild. Another thing I'll add that might help, is when I do a cold startup while idling warming up it smokes an oil color smoke but once wamred and driven around some then I park, it's not smoking hardly as much other then it being rich due to the tune it needs. Any advice and help would be great and appreciated! Do I need to replace ring, should I do all of them or just the one, should I just put it back together rest of the way, cancel my tune and drive it some more to see if it'll seat and also do another comp test while warm but don't think that'll really tell me much except it'll be a higher psi but still #4 would likely be too low according to what the others would be at. All internals are upgraded and new, I can list out parts if needed but won't for now as this is already a long post so, sorry for that but just trying to see if anyone has experience with this and can give me some answers. Thank you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Internal parts include, Eagle H beam rods, Brian Crower stage 2 turbo cams, Nippon turbo pistons, along with others that idk if they are convient, but will list them if need be. Injectors, fuel pump, ecu, ect. Thanks. Still learning so bare with me please..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts