Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 gsr with less than 30k under the hood..future plan is just to go all motor....
Right now I want to get opinions on how to spend 3 gran ...should I get a jdm type r swap or just drop everything on an engine upgrade?????

IF I would get the swap, someone is already ready to buy my engine for 3 gran so that should cover half of my fees.....what do you guys think??

I want to end up with something to bring to the track that will run low 13s with just all motor (I know I still have to upgrade the jdm type r engine to do this)and still use the car for daily driving.

Current mods:
2001 type r suspension/gunmetal rims
eibach pro springs
koni yellows
type r sway bar
comptech exhaust
neuspeed header
carsound cat
aem cai w/bypass valve

Anyone whos interested in my gsr suspension just let me know!!!!

thanks
bryan

·
Registered
567 Posts
i say stick with the gs-r motor and spend it on mods..if you go hardcore with it, don't you have to swap out all the stuff that makes the itr motor different anyways?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
looks also get you a lot of chicks. i would rather have a lot of show and some go, i dont want to end up killing myself or even worse someone else.

·
Registered
713 Posts
you already have a GSR... its fast enough, you cant go wrong with a JDM front conversion. and i can get you a conversion for $1000 less. i just saw one on the road today and its so sweet. and i think the 97 under front ends kindve make the car look old... so gettin the JDM front will make A LOT of difference! i mean when are you going to have another 3 grand again? its better to get the conversion now then never... you can hook up the already quik engine gradually.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I dont think he's talking about a JDM front conversion, i think he's talking about whether or not he should just get a JDM Type-R motor, or to keep his and just build it up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
he is talking about a jdm type-r motor. good point jay he did say all motor. if you are willing to spend money and put in wrench time you can have an all-motor 13 sec car. but be prepared to sspend more than 3 gs. Tony Shagday runs 10s in the all motor skunk2 integra a very impressive machine. personally id build a low 14 and make up the rest with good old n2o

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THanks for the replies.....

for those of you who would go with turbo,...you kinda got me thinking there,...im not really familiar with going turbo,...got to see whats the ups and down if I end up going that road...

I was just planning to go all motor but 95vtec brought up the part of it being more expensive......

About the front end conversion,...I would definetely do that at the end of the project and hopefully lMlElNaCe-GsR can still hook me up when that day comes =)

thanks for all the replies......

I will post pics of my car soon.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yup it will definitely be more expensive. But I'll tell you this; an Integra that is putting down 240 WHP that is turbocharged vs. an Integra that is also putting down 240 WHP but N/A, the N/A will win every time. (Drivers being equal.)

Turbo can be hard on an engine, especially if you get boost happy, then you can say "bye bye" to your engine. Also, whether you choose the TypeR engine or the GSR engine, you should consider having the compression lowered, as it is pretty high on both of those. The JDM TypeR would probably be more suited to run N/A on and would provide you with a great platform to do so.

If I was to ever go F/I (and I probably never will) I would take the supercharger. Superchargers put less stress on your engine. (IMO)

Now I know someone is going to say that if you tune it can be just as reliable and yada yada yada, but this is just my opinion and this is what i would do to my car. There's something about a turbo that just doesn't appeal to me. I would LOVE to have all that power, don't get me wrong, but something just turns me away from it. I think it's probably all the people who post about blowing their engine from running turbo. Talk to, I think it's Boostcontrol (again I think, I'm not sure) he just blew his LS engine running 8 PSI. I dunno what went wrong there, but that kinda makes me wonder....

This might be the longest post I've ever made here. Sorry for rambling.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i do appreciate every opinion,....after reading the articles on forced induction, I see that it is very high maintenance and it does put a lot of stress on the engine...

...no doubt that there is ups and downs on any road I choose.....

right now,..I decided not to do the swap and drop every penny on an all motor gs-r project....

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!! If I had that kind of cash and didn't mind spending it, I would definitely go that route. All that blood, sweat, and tears are worth it in the end, you have a long road ahead of you. Best of luck.

AND KEEP US POSTED!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I say go for JDM front end! If its daily driving why would you need a super fast car for? Plus your car is pretty quick already! Go JDM w/ HID kit on it! Its gonna be sweet!

·
Registered
655 Posts
CliffTEG on Aug/16/02 said:
looks also get you a lot of chicks. i would rather have a lot of show and some go, i dont want to end up killing myself or even worse someone else.
I second the looks... unless y ou're racing at the track for money... etc, keep it off the streets. why risk your life as well as your teg's just to put a v8 in it's place. whoopty do. i'd rather just cruise looking good. speed limits and whatnot are there for a reason. what good is making your car go 0-100 in 14 seconds? if you never get more than 55-65 on a normal road or highway?

·
Registered
118 Posts
being slow, sucks, period.
dont try and justify not wanting to go fast cuz of safety reasons :/

·
Registered
655 Posts
sniperd on Aug/17/02 said:
being slow, sucks, period.dont try and justify not wanting to go fast cuz of safety reasons :/
you're right. my first car was a 94 ford probe (MT) and my second was a 98 saturn SC2 (AT). I know all about slow, it sucks ass. the teg is a huge improvement.

i'm not saying i don't like going fast... I've taken my car to 120+ plenty of times (well only 4 or 5 really but) I usually do go about 15 over (60-65 in a 45)...

I'm just saying would you rather have a gutted drag car with no ac or ps or would you rather have a good looking lowered car with 17s, a nice system, and clean interior. (of course this depends on preference, but whatever)

yes racing is fun, i actually do it 2-3 times a week, just for fun though. if i win i win, if i lose i lose. who cares? it doesn't prove anything. you may have destroyed the trans am next to you but... guess what? your car is still ugly. this is just me. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i respect theirs too. if you want to spend all your $ on go, more power to you, have fun blowing the doors of of others just don't drive stupid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts