Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 3 piece wing for 3 years now, and now I'm wanting to take it off. Now my question is about the side pieces...do you think there will be discoloration? How easy will the sides come off? (I only used 3m tape). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
938 Posts
There will be some discoloration but nothing a quick high speed buff won't fix.
Especially if your Teg. is white, You shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Why are you wanting to take off the 3 piece?
It fits your Teg. nicely!

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
yeah show more pics of your teg, i am considering taking my 3 piece of my car but cannot decide. and my car is white too with a cf hood and black rims.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
nice..now get some clear corners

·
Registered
626 Posts
why are you taking it off. I'm the type of guy that loves a clean, non-kitted car, but I must say, your car is damn nice (with the wing)!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments fellow teg lovers.

As far as the wing goes, I'll sell it on this site once I decide if it's for sure coming off. I plan on either leaving it wingless, or possibly a flat drag type of wing from black widow.

Clear corners huh?...yep...had em...took em off. The end.

So if anyone can still answer my post, it'll be more than appreciated.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I have a WW 3piece wing on my ride and I can tell you that it will be difficult taking off the side pieces. I once tried to take off the sides of my wing so I could do some re-aligning but it wasn't happening. The 3m tape, being compressed for so long, made the side pieces unmovable. I couldn't even make them budge, and I was afraid I was going to damage the body and/or paint.

If you do remove the sides, you'll probably need a hair drier or a heat gun to assist you. Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
white_rice on Jan/31/04 said:
I have a WW 3piece wing on my ride and I can tell you that it will be difficult taking off the side pieces. I once tried to take off the sides of my wing so I could do some re-aligning but it wasn't happening. The 3m tape, being compressed for so long, made the side pieces unmovable. I couldn't even make them budge, and I was afraid I was going to damage the body and/or paint.

If you do remove the sides, you'll probably need a hair drier or a heat gun to assist you. Good luck.
Yep, that was what I was thinking. I probably will end up in using a heat gun. It's been on for so long that I don't see it coming off with any ease.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts