Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending 3 12 hour days in the shop I am finally done with my head gasket replacement!! I polished up my intake and exhaust ports and cleaned out all the build up that 85k miles does to an engine, and replaced the timing belt and water pump too. Do you guys think that with the combo of taking one layer of the gasket, all the polishing and cleaning of EVERYTHING will give me more gas mileage and better 1/4 time?? if so, how much difference do you think??

·
Registered
685 Posts
It should free up some of the power that you could have lost to the age of the engine(which probably isn't anything)...but you never know...
good job on the work though!
not alot of people would do what you did!

·
Registered
138 Posts
gains will be minimal... the mugen thin headgasket gives you a .2 increase in compression which is a bit but not something that you'll notice.. but then again the increase in compression can help you in other areas like intake and exhuast flows... more compression will flow more so you might notice it alittle bit depending on your existing mods..

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
A thinner head gasket will retard your cam timing a bit so it could possibly cancel out the gains you got from the slight increase in compression. Make sure you can compensate for that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
so all you need to do is advance your timing from the distributor or get some cam gears.. or an apexi ITC. then you should get some gains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts