Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a 25mm front sway for my gsr and was wondering if it was worth it?

The guy I'm looking to buy the 23mm rear has the front as well and threw a pretty good package deal on both.

I already have all skunk2 pro coilovers w skunk2 upper and lower control arms and skunk2 camber kit

Thanks for your time
DK

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Well a larger bar on the front will give you more tendency to understeer, which is what we are all trying to get rid of in the first place. But it won't be THAT bad with the 23mm rear bar I suppose.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the oem gsr rear sway on my car now, Would the 23mm help my ass end from sliding around while braking comming out of corners? I run into this problem when I rock though a corner and bam for some reason I have to slow down while in the corner, then I go into a drift.... kinda scary.

·
Registered
815 Posts
why do you brake coming out of a corner? shouldnt you be accelerating? dont really get what you're saying...

·
Registered
79 Posts
? If you brake in a corner, you're asking for your tail to slide out. A 23mm bar will make your tail slide out even if you let off the throttle, let alone braking in the corner. So, to answer your question, a 23mm will definitely help to make your ass slide while braking out of corners, but it won't help keep your ass from sliding.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replys,

I'll give you a for instance

The other night I was following a friend to an off ramp, while exiting the off ramp there was a cop sitting on the side of the inside of the road that we didnt see entering the ramp and both had to slam on the brakes while in the middle of the corner we both almost lost it. We wound up drifting out cars out of momentum at a very high rate of speed.

Another instance,

I was going around a right hand corner on a country rd and in the middle of the corner I see the mail lady at the end of the inside of the corner putting mail in the mail box, I had to hit my brakes or hit her, My tail end slid out slighty however I wasn't as close to loosing it as before but it still bothered me once I drove away.

So you all are saying estimating the body roll will cause the car to spin out easier?

I know, I just need to slow down, I'm just wondering if there is a way to minimize this. I got my camber re adj -1 degree all the way around and ordered some new tires. Hopefully this helps some.

Thanks for your time.
DK

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
DK it sounds more like the "solution" to your "problem" is to look ahead more, not change out the swaybars!

You should really look into autocross with your local SCCA region. You can drive like that in a safe environment w/o cops & mail ladies and improve your driving skills in the process!

P.S. Brake first, then turn.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
That was driver error. Swaybars wont fix the driver hitting the brakes mid corner.
If you don't know exactly why you're adding something to the car, then don't do it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your responses. I do understand that it was driver error, I did brake before the corner, setup, and throttle though. At the end of the corner I was just avoiding something I didn't at the end that I didn't see at the start.

I really do want to get involved in autocross and I have been going to a couple of them, watching them and riding with buddies though out the course. My friends seem to think my car would do pretty good and are wanting me to enter. I need to mount my new tires first and thought I needed a rear sway at least. I just did not want to disappoint my self and figured I would try to minimize that by getting every little edge my pocket book would allow. I truly don't know much about autocross but I really enjoy it. Another reason I haven't entered any of the drag and autocross events I go watch is because I'm afraid I will tear up my beloved integra's body, drive terrain, or my te 37s.. Maybe I'm just a ignorant pus.. haha

Thanks for your time,
DK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.