Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a question about high rpm high boost issues. I've been doing research but cannot find a definitive solution. My car was tuned in the summer 29psi on E85 hondata coil on plug. S300 boost by gear. When im in high gear over 15psi the car starts breaking up. I switched from copper to iridium with a .018 gap and issue is still there. Little less aggressive break up but still happens. Can anyone recommend a different plug or should I go for a tighter gap. Is this because of the colder weather?
Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll add something here that may or may not help. I have an turbo LS/VTEC GS-R that makes about 450WHP at 20lbs of boost. I really take care of this car and don't beat it. One day it started breaking up with boost. The next day it was fine. Then a week later it did it again. With no boost it ran perfect. I talked to my tuner and we finally decided to put it back on the dyno to see what was going on. We worked on it together for hours and finally figured out it was something inside the OEM dizzy. (There are some parts you can't get anymore.) We decided to replace the dizzy but still had problems as the non OEM dizzys have some parts inside like the coil and igniter, that are garbage. We had to use my old igniter and coil in the new dizzy and then all was well. It ended up being an expensive day at the tuner, lots of labor and a new dizzy, but now she is ripping again. As I recall I am running BKR7E plugs at .017. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll add something here that may or may not help. I have an turbo LS/VTEC GS-R that makes about 450WHP at 20lbs of boost. I really take care of this car and don't beat it. One day it started breaking up with boost. The next day it was fine. Then a week later it did it again. With no boost it ran perfect. I talked to my tuner and we finally decided to put it back on the dyno to see what was going on. We worked on it together for hours and finally figured out it was something inside the OEM dizzy. (There are some parts you can't get anymore.) We decided to replace the dizzy but still had problems as the non OEM dizzys have some parts inside like the coil and igniter, that are garbage. We had to use my old igniter and coil in the new dizzy and then all was well. It ended up being an expensive day at the tuner, lots of labor and a new dizzy, but now she is ripping again. As I recall I am running BKR7E plugs at .017. Good luck!
Thanks for the info, I would have looked st the dizzy first but im using COP, the wires run thru the dizzy plug so I can look at them also. I'm just confused because it started happening in cold weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts