Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run AVS ES100 in a 205-40-17 @ a HPDE event?
I was wondering what to expect. I have autoxed on 205-50-15
Falkens, but I have yet to run my 17" set up. I have run
HPDE's a long time ago on street tires in a different car,
but I was looking for some feed back on Integra's

I will be attending the Hotchkis/Baer/Yokohama track day
in May @ Buttonwillow in Ca.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
The ES100's get pretty slick when they get too hot. I have not run the Kuhmo MX's yet but from the thread a couple weeks ago...your better off with the MX on a hot track.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
kineticgsr on Apr/03/04 said:
I will be attending the Hotchkis/Baer/Yokohama track day
in May @ Buttonwillow in Ca.
buttonwillow eh?

It gets nice and toasty out there... 80 - 90 + on an average day. 100+ in dead summer. So cal's weather is unpredictable though so it might be 100+ in may or it might be a chilly 60.

You would be better off with the MX if you have dedicated track wheels ... they get nice and sticky when warm. After 1 lap the tires will heat up significantly.

Kumho MX Soft compunds after 2 laps at Big Willow with an average speed of 90mph.

Let us know when you are going to be in town and we SO Cal Members can go cheer you on, maybe Greg is driving in this event. have fun out there, Buttonwillow is one big course. Which config are you guys running.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that looks like a picture of the kumho ecsta v700 not the mx

I will be in town may 6-9...

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
i just got back from a SCC/SS time attack event on tuesday.. it was a perfect clear day.. blue skies in the 70-75range...

kiwi from was using 17's & hoosiers for Ustcc events.. i've used 205/45/16 avid h4's 360AA, 205/45/16 nt555 300AA(fronts) h4(rear), & 15" advan a032r's 60AA... 20min sessions & the azenis on type r's pit in before i do on the advans...

my buddy elo who ran a 2.03 at BW tues for the time attack says he likes the a032's more than his slicks for Bw as well.. nothing sticks like yok's

i'd say BW is 75% speeding around.. 25% slow turns.. u might not like ur 17's for the first few turns...

buttonwillow looks flat from the tower but its just one of those tracks u have to drive on and fall in love with.. its 3 miles of track.. bring a bike or scooter.. the bathrooms and best photography locations are far far away...

we're having an all cali meet in august.. if u like BW that much come join the fun!

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
That sounds so fun! I wish we had some Teggy/Track junkies up here besides myself. BW is a very fast track...I can't wait to get on it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts