Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i already have the drop and the rims are still in the works. The ones I'm looking at getting are 17" with nitto 555/35's. there are also a set of 16's with 40's.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dude...

I prefer 205/45/16s....

Good sidewall and the tires look somewhat wider.

Think about the performance, durability and quality.

big wheels are nice to look at, but can rub,chip and just get damaged by the smallest things.

17"s look tight, but I always wonder if people have alot of problems with them? do they bend easier when someone has like 215/40/17? More vibration happens as a result of hitting little drops (holes) in the road?

I had 205/40/16s and they bent the wheels. I tried to save money by getting a deal on the 40s...should've stuck with 45s. Now everything is cool with the Nitto 45s.

Go with 17s if you wanna go a bit bigger on your wheels. Don't go any higher than that. You are going with 17s which is fine, but if you have "bad" roads in your area...watch out. not too much sidewall can mean trouble.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's the thing...by the drop, you actually are talking 3 and a half inches?? is that right? I thought about a two inch drop, but it seemed too extreme for what I was trying to do. so i went with a 1.5" drop.With the 205/40/16s i got rubbing on the left rear tire.. Now with the 205/45/16 there's no rubbing and everythings cool.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Good luck making u-turns, going over speed bumps, pulling into parking garages, hitting potholes, coming out of slightly angular driveways......basically trying to drive on a public thoroughfare.

In other words w/ a 3.5" drop you're going to rubbing like a motherfocker. I'm not even gonna get started on what you're doing to your suspension geometry.....

·
Registered
417 Posts
blue teg is right.
You're gonna be hating life. You are not going to enjoy driving your car, which is an awful thing for a teg owner. looks and actual functionality are real important things to keep in mind. I hate to tell you this, but you most likely are going to have to "raise" the car. 1.5 looks nice. no gap in the well and it's driveable. 2.0 looks good too, but other issues arise...

·
Registered
317 Posts
17's with 35 series? it's gonna be one hell of a bumpy ride. with a 3.5 inch drop? even worse. good luck on the pot holes and the u turns and the driveways and the parking lots and the speedbumps and the dips in the freeways and etc...any other places to take note of that i forgot fellow members?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok well it looks like I'm going to get the 17's but I'm ging to lift my suspention up to about a 2" drop. Thanks for all the info.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
i used to be dropped 3" and my car was "drivable"... 3.5" would be insane/extreme but you'd have to be paranoid as heck driving around.....

when i was at 3", i avoided putting an aftermarket header because it would have been roadkill, my stock header is totally beat up from the 3"

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Surprisingly enough I dont bottom out all that much but the road here are pretty good. I go a custom header made from a few different ones I think Apex'i and DC and its about 3/4" shorter than stock so theres prety good clerance.

But yeah I am pretty paraniod on unfamiliar roads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts