Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious.. Would that be possible? If so, what all would have to be done? I figured rods, pistons, cams, valve-train, i/h/c/e.. I dont have any plans yet as to what I want, Id rather have a car for auto-x or track, drag racing is jsut boring to me.. and I really dont wanna go FI.. just curious..
oh yea, I have a 98 GS

·
Registered
185 Posts
Of course it is possible with lots and lots of money...With the things you listed, though, it isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Tuan has noted that he has seen 170 whp n/a non-vtec street cars and 200 whp trailer queens. So, yeah, with what you gave us you're are kinda off.

If you want a car for auto-x though, then that is a different story. As far as the engine part is concerned , you would want an engine package that gives you not just more peak whp, but more importantly, a broad powerband. If you tune and build good, you could get a 2000-3000 rpm wide powerband. Keep in mind, where ever you place this powerband, you will want the next shift to fall into it. Look into tuning things like the Lobe Separation Angle, a flat torque cruve, and air flow. ALl of these are in the articles.

If I were to do auto-x, I would definitely spend money on some nice rims and tires, a nice seat to hold you in, good suspension, safety equipment (helmet), and fixing anything wrong with the car. I would also brush up on driving skills.

As far as the engine package is concerned, I would look at the cars you would be competing with and look to match their power to weight ratios. If you're just competing against yourself, then I would recommend just working on driving skills.

All of this is covered in the articles. Take a trip there and come back if you have anymore questions.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
i see it as completely possible with headwork, high compression pistons, all the things you listed, and then some...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Also Tuan (Mike D) wrote a FABULOUS article about increasing displacement. he went on to state that a properly tuned (with all the go faster parts) overbored to 84.5 mm could do the job quite nicely.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Do you want 200whp non-vtec n/a or just 200whp? I ask because with the money it would take you should either turbo your current motor, or swap in a K series.

I understand it's easier to start with what you already have, but it will be expensive to get there.

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
Lol 6 year old thread

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
K2sInteg98 on Nov/22/08 said:
King Motorsports built an LS that made 205 whp

because they are king motorsports and can do things like that. for the average guy though money is the limiting factor id build mind boggling things if money wasnt a factor. Plus they have a dyno that they can use when they want for however long they want.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
theivjackal on Nov/22/08 said:
Can someone type up a list of parts? Not just philosophy on the prices and how "the average guy" cant afford it...

Research it on T-I...I remember seeing more of these threads in the past. As research will show, the money you will spend on a LS head to make it flow as well as a Vtec head is not worth it. A stock b16/gsr head can definitely outflow a mildly worked LS cylinder head, but if you really do not want vtec then the LS head will hold you back.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Fully built LS-Vtec
Bored & sleeved ls block 85mm
Golden eagle stroker kit
11.5:1 pistons
Eagle rods
Knife edged crank
PNP gsr head
Skunk 2 stage 3 cams
Skunk 2 Pro series intake manifold PORTED by the man himself Pat
Edelbrock 70mm throttle body
Endyne catch can
Headertek header, 4-2-1 3" outlet
Thermal 3" exhaust w/test pipe
Type R strut tower bar
Hondata s200 Dyno tuned by Ron at RS motors

227hp 162tq on the heart breaker dyno.

Local guy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
oops missed that part.

·
Registered
815 Posts
IOWNYOU on Nov/22/08 said:
oops missed that part.
haha... some civic guy i was talking to a few weeks ago said he swapped an ls motor and built it and making 220whp (nonvtec) i call bs

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
LS heads flow like poop....thats why I am force feeding mine lol. But seriously Even 180 horse is hard and extremely expensive to achieve on an LS. Trust me I researched it before I decided to go turbo.

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
Danny50 on Nov/22/08 said:
Its just not practical.

Its hondas economy motor. I cant think of one set of circumstances where the LS motor would be a better than its VTEC counterparts.
agreed the only advantage it has is its slight bump in displacment and even that becomes a downfall. with the poor R/S ratio and all.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
does using vtec killer cams count as a non vtec motor?

I Think so.

casue I'll build a stupid non vtec sleeper motor.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts