Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I've seen a few discussions, the general thought is fake.but I agree it's done really well

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Peak horsepower is way up, to 360 HP. The introduction of VTEC cams on the intake side has also improved low-end torque, so 230 foot-pounds of peak torque are now available at a slightly more tractable 6000 RPM

Funny how they are priveledged enough to drive this new fabled S2000R yet they don't even know what the hell VTEC is.

It'd be cool if it was real, but it smells like a hoax to me after reading that line.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
they add 2 more cylinders to the front? so it's a straight 6? and the addition of vtec cams on the intake makes it sound like the origional had the cheap i-vtec that only adjusts one of the cams.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's fake I had a link to the website of the guy who wrote the article but it was for a school project.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not a dyno, but rather a 0-60 graph.

A school project sounds more reasonable.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Gvtec on Aug/09/02 said:
Even though this is a nicely done C&D style of review, it just don't smell right.
It's a little too Car & Driver style, right down to the acceleration graph. I skimmed through it but it's a total crock--Type-Rs are never such a dramatic departure from their base.

And since we're talking about cool future cars (that are total BS) how 'bout the Acura ZSX? The mid-engine, AWD, 480-hp, 368 lb.-ft. of torque 4.0L V-8 (with an F1-style 6-speed) Ferrari-eating, supercar-badass capable of 0-60 in an estimated 3.7 seconds?
Except I did my pseduo-article based on a Motor Trend "First Look" instead of a Car & Driver review.

Turned out pretty good, actually. I fooled a few people.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yep: the Type-V is real. Check it out:

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/s2000/

Hope you've got the Japanese character support. For translation Altavista's translator does some shoddy Japanese-English translation of web pages. Just look at the link's URL down at the bottom of IE to know what you're looking at.
But because of the Japanese's somewhat strange obsession with English there's a fair amount of English on the Japanese site.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
And since when has Japan decided to drop their 280hp limit? This is the first I have heard of it. Also I think the Type V only had tuned suspension and shorter distance from lock to lock on the steering along with interior dressups.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
lMlElNaCe-GsR on Aug/10/02 said:
did this forum become off-topic now? kool
I hope you're not being serious...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts