Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to data provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a safety recall was issued within the past 90 days affecting certain 2001 Acura Integras.
Recall Alert: ACURA INTEGRA, HoNDA INSIGHT
Owner Notification Date: 7/30/2002
Number of Units Potentially Affected: 403
Component Description: INTERIOR SYSTEMS: PASSENGER RESTRAINTS:AIR BAG:FRoNTAL: PASSENGER
NHTSA Campaign Number: 02V196000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description of Recall Campaign: on certain passenger vehicles, some of the passenger air bag modules were not properly welded and may not deploy in a collision.
The seat occupant may not be properly protected in the event of a collision, increasing the risk of personal injury.

Dealers will replace the passenger air bag module. Owner notification is expected to begin during August 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Honda at 1-800-999-1099 or Acura at 1-800-382-2238.

nhtsa

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
InOcULaNcE on Aug/04/02 said:
is this for only the 2001's????
I searched for recalls ont '02 and '99 and there weren't any so yes they only have it listed for the '01's

·
Registered
461 Posts
thanks for the info man..but why only 403 units...hopefully mine isn't one of them

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Why only 403 units? Usually something like this happens because something on an assembly line breaks or gets messed and no one notices until a few (in this case 403) units get out the door. Improperly welded? Could be anything, robot gets a dirty weld tip, robot gets miscalibrated etc etc.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ilubdonutz on Aug/05/02 said:
=\ hope it isn't mine, did they release a serial # range of the affected vehicles?
nope, if you are the only owner they should send you something but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. I would if it was me

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
If everything goes as planned,the next Toronto meet is at an Acura dealership in a couple weeks.

I'll kill 3 birds with one stone - meet/service & inspection/replace defective airbag.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
thanks tony. i hope mine is ok.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
cheezthis on Aug/04/02 said:
Of course, it can't hurt to go by the dealership...go test drive something while you're at it
... S2000... hmmmmm

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
speaking of the recall... I have noticed that my SRS idiot light stays on for a couple seconds after i start my car. Does that mean I have a problem? or is that normal?

·
Registered
134 Posts
What page on acura's site do you go to type in your vin?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adam on Aug/09/02 said:
What page on acura's site do you go to type in your vin?
dont know about that one but you can do it here at the nhtsa without the vin

nhtsa

1 - 19 of 19 Posts