Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick intro to our car, we started two years ago with this and another 2001 LS that is silver. The intention was to run a 10 man, 2 car team at ChumpCar races at Road America. Since it was in such good condition, we decided to strip every bolt down to the body. Since the two races we wanted to run with Chump at Road America were in April and October, we wanted to run it more in the regular season.

The build is focused mostly on the points system ChumpCar (now ChampCar) had. We have moved away from that a bit but with plans to swap out parts for those races. At the end of last season we tripped the car down completely again. Plan was to install a fuel cell, redo most the wiring, put a new engine in, put a GSR trans back in, install brake ducts, and undercoat it.

The whole build is geared towards reliability, we want it to run 8 hour enduros without any issues. With that said heres a few details.

Engine
  • B18B1, almost entirely stock
  • Slightly over-bored (.030 I believe)
  • Forged rods and billet pistons for 10.1/10.2 compression
  • Skunk2 Alpha radiator, hoses, and intake pipe
  • 66mm throttle body and ported intake manifold
  • New valve seats, springs, retainers, and rocker arms. All OEM spec but aftermarket.
  • New bearings, half thou less clearance
Suspension
  • Skunk2 adjustable upper control arms front and rear
  • Type R front sway bar
  • AEM rear brace and sway bar
  • KTuned rear lower control arms
  • Bilstein Clubsport front and rear coilovers
  • All new polyurethane bushings, tie rods, hub/spindels, and bearings
Others
  • KTuned clutch reservoir and lines
  • Bigger front brakes from a mini? (so I was told)
  • Fuel Safe 14 gal cell
  • Roll cage (bent and welded by us)
  • Skunk2 shifter with linkage
Running 3 way radios so cars and pit can all talk. Lastly, we cut and bent our own dashes.

Besides the suspension upgrades, the rest of the car is in all just stripped down stock. Last season on a rebuilt engine with the same specs, it dynoed at 143 hp and 125 tq so very close to stock. We all wish it had more power but you forgive that with how well it drives and handles. The upside to the low power besides reliabilty is how often you can hold it wide open through turns. It really does blow your mind how well this car corners.

If anyone has tips, tricks, or opinions I wanna hear em.
20190821_170058.jpg
20190821_170058.jpg
20200221_174311.jpg
20200307_175413.jpg
20200416_204249.jpg
20200415_211645.jpg

·
Registered
1998 Integra LS prepared for Road Racing
26 Posts
The cars look great- super clean!! Are you running a limited slip differential in them??

Where did you have the engines dyno'ed??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cars look great- super clean!! Are you running a limited slip differential in them??

Where did you have the engines dyno'ed??
We just put in a re-manned CRX SI trans with limited slip. We wanted the shorter gearing of the B16 trans over the B18 trans. The car last ran with an LS trans and on the straights at Road America, as soon as you hit 5th gear the revs just flat-lined.

We got the cars dynoed at King Motorsports in New Berlin WI.

·
Registered
1998 Integra LS prepared for Road Racing
26 Posts
142 HP at the wheels is pretty stout for a stock B18B- remember, the stock figures from Acura are at the flywheel, not at the wheels. I had King dyno my Integra when it was totally stock and it pulled 110 Hp at the wheels. I would love to re-run it with the header, straight exhaust and now the freshed and decked cylinder head.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
142 HP at the wheels is pretty stout for a stock B18B- remember, the stock figures from Acura are at the flywheel, not at the wheels. I had King dyno my Integra when it was totally stock and it pulled 110 Hp at the wheels. I would love to re-run it with the header, straight exhaust and now the freshed and decked cylinder head.
That makes more sense. Given the commonly held understanding that upgrades like throttle body, intake, headers, ect. don't add much, I've gotta think that gain to the wheels comes from just having all the accessories being removed. I'm guessing the headers and ported intake manifold. Not to forget, we are running 10 to 1 compression vs to 1 stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts