Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2001 Acura Integra and it's been giving me issues.
It's an automatic and i'm getting 3 codes.
When I drive it, the car will rev really high but it'll barely grab and wouldn't really move until it's at like 2.5-3k rpm.. but very slow and has no power.
Here are the codes?
How do i fix these? Is it difficult?

1) P1607 - Engine Control Module (ECM) / Powertrain control Module (PCM) internal circuit malfunction

2) P1337 - Engine Speed (RPM) Fluctuation Sensor No Signal

3) P1768 - Problem in Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve B Circuit

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Hello, I have a 2001 Acura Integra and it's been giving me issues.
It's an automatic and i'm getting 3 codes.
When I drive it, the car will rev really high but it'll barely grab and wouldn't really move until it's at like 2.5-3k rpm.. but very slow and has no power.
Here are the codes?
How do i fix these? Is it difficult?

1) P1607 - Engine Control Module (ECM) / Powertrain control Module (PCM) internal circuit malfunction

2) P1337 - Engine Speed (RPM) Fluctuation Sensor No Signal

3) P1768 - Problem in Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve B Circuit
Get another transmission.

·
Registered
2 Posts
None of those codes suggest to me that you need a transmission. The clutch solenoid valves are readily accessible on the outside of the transmission. I forget which is which, but they are two pairs of cylinders, one on top and one on the lower left of the transmission if facing the engine from the front of the car. If the wires controlling them were cut or shorted, the ECU would detect it immediately, so that is probably not the case.

P1337 is pretty straight forward. Either the speed fluctuation sensor (which I believe is the one mounted down by the nose of the crank on the b18c motors) or its wiring is shot.

But … given that P1607, I'd check all the connections at the ECU first, especially grounds. Ideally, swap ECUs. Any time there is an internal fault with the ECU, it's generally a safe course of action to address that first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
rguttenb
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing