Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra LS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an integra! Always wanted one so I’m super happy about it. It’s a fully stock 2000 LS 5-speed. Going to be my first true project car, so it will live most of its life in the garage for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra LS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been over a year since I got the car and the worst issue I've had so far is the brake switch going out, I drive it daily. It sits at 208k as of today and runs great aside from some minor idle issues. It's been a little hard financially this year, but I've done my best to maintain it and do some minor "mods" with what I can afford. I recently got a job at a Honda dealer leading to my finances improving, it's time to get back to working on it.

So far I've had all fluids flushed (Coolant, Brake, and Clutch), replaced the oil pan gasket, better tires put on (tread wise), new rotors and pads, replaced brake light switch (I hope I never have to again...), done two alignments (all is good aside from caster being slightly out upfront), replaced the shifter with matching OEM one, re polished the headlights, and replaced all the spark plugs. I've done only 2 "mods" which are not at all performance related, that being a Type R replica spoiler (I know, but I really love the way the car lines flow with it), and a Yonaka Axleback which I will be realigning by a good shop this week. I'm planning to keep on maintaining and restoring it this year as much as I can and keep it OEM where it needs to be. I've done everything myself, including alignments as this car has been helping me learn a lot in the automotive field.

I have some main goals to try and accomplish this year. Doing a full timing kit with a water pump (all OEM, I've been slowly stocking up parts) which will include changing Cam Seals and Oil Pump main seal. I plan to do as many gasket replacements as I can, because it needs it. Re-adjusting the valves while I'm down there. Alternator and Battery will definitely need to be replaced this year including all accessory belts. The clutch isn't showing any symptoms of failing yet and the transmission shifts very smooth and precise. Modding wise, my full focus will be on the chassis and suspension side of the car, as I have no issue with the current 142hp (many years ago) power plant. My main focus is maintenance right now.

Here's some pics of what she looks like now (sorry for the filters);

·
Registered
97 Posts
How’s the car doing?? Breath of fresh air when you see someone taking such good care of it! Way to do everything right.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra LS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How’s the car doing?? Breath of fresh air when you see someone taking such good care of it! Way to do everything right.
Doing real good, especially for the mileage. Only issue I'm trying to figure out (which happens very rarely) is the idle will jump up to 3k and stay there for a good 5 minutes if the car is driven around town all day (engine on and off all day). I got really lucky with the previous owner taking care of the car very well, I don't want to be the one to ruin it now haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts