Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR DC2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I urge everyone who reads this to please read my very first post in the suspension/brakes section labeled "'98 Spec JDM ITR Brakes Locking Up" about my braking issue along with my about me in my profile to better understand the back story of this car. I'm going on 6 years of owning this car and have only have about a year solid of drive time combined. I love the car, and have no intentions of getting rid of it, I just want her back to her former glory! Along with the on-going brake issue I've been having, it seems to have a very intermittent issue while driving at slow speeds/slow acceleration (it hardly ever gets over 3k rpm). It seems to happen more in first and second gear at 20mph or less (although it has happened at 45mph in fifth gear as well). The car begins to buck, the motor feels like it's about to shake itself out of the motor mounts or like something is yanking on the throttle cable really fast when it surges and like it's about to shut off when it bogs down. All of this happens within a minute or so then goes away, car runs fine again. It idles great and runs/drives great (at times when it doesn't do this). Motor is all stock and is original to the car, right down to the intake. Upon getting the car back from sitting for 5 years, I replaced the fuel filter, checked plugs and wires, put fresh oil/gas in the car, new battery, good alternator, cleaned the air filter, new valve cover gasket and a new P.S pump along with all of the things that I have done to the car (labeled in my about me page and the suspension/brakes section). Nothing gives me an indication that it's going to happen nor when it does happen and there is not anything that I can think of to make it give it's symptoms, it just happens randomly. The car does have a raggedy straight pipe exhaust with an old World Sport muffler on the back. The check engine light has appeared for one of the o2 sensors (iirc the upstream o2 sensor) but that's about it (which I'd like to replace the exhaust from the header back if anyone has any good suggestions as well, I like quiet). So far, I've thought about looking into the distributor/distributor cap (if water may have gotten into it or something), IACV/evap canister, o2 sensors, throttle body/map sensor or??? If you have any thoughts, suggestions, cures, or links please, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
John

·
Registered
98 Gsr
3 Posts
Hi wino,
I am a new member to ci and I have been experiencing somewhat of the same problem as you. The only exception is I had a cel of p0122, pointing to low input tps. My first experience would be coming off of the freeway off ramp to a stop, then starting on a green light it bucked and felt like it was going to stall but I pushed in the clutch and revved it up and it went back to decent driveability and that’s when it threw the code. I reset the code after checking voltages, changing my tb from aftermarket to stock and rechecking voltages and ground and 300 miles later it threw same code. Everything was checking out for me and decided to change my ecu. I’m past 300 miles and my idle is smooth and stable, no bucks or stalls and no check engine light. One thing I found when I bought the car was like you felt like it had no power and when I check ignition timing it was very far off, but as soon as I got that dialed in it woke up the beast. Prior to that, I had an ls model same year, and before I found the timing was off it was slower than the ls I use to own. Hope that helps you somehow.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR DC2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies everyone, I will look into the tps as I can surely believe it does have something to do with some sort of electrical signal somewhere. What stinks is that I can't make the car do it, it just does it when it wants. It didn't happen every time I drove the car either which is also weird to me. Anyone have any input on what everyone's go to tps sensor is for the stock throttle body? Shoot, my first thought was that the tps wasn't even serviceable and that the entire throttle body had to be replaced in order to get it. My brother thinks it has something to do with the IACV or a fast idle thermo valve so I might look into those as well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
currently running a dorman tps, they work well but dont last forever.
expect a 3year/30k lifespan.
avoid ebay brand x cheapies and blox!
I hate you blox! =(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts