Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall, im back after a long vacation, good to be back , unfortinattly i have bad news, i was at the gym last week, when i went out to my car, i noticed a HUGE dent on the driver side, front and rear door, i got an estimate, $2000, and my deductible is $1000, so it looks like it will remain like that. I was Pissed, someone hit it and ran, no note nothing, and no one saw anything, just thought i would share my awful experience with "Yall"

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Any dent wizards in your area? Sometimes they can really help its apperance for pretty cheap.

Was any paint knocked off?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
integra00gsr on Aug/08/02 said:
that's sad, they will eventually get the worse of it, someday
lets hope so

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
yea, guys roll around car washes here all day offering to take dents out for cheap. See if you can get the dent taken out and then get another estimate...might be aslightly cheaper. on the 1000 deductable, I feel ya on that man =( I had the same problem....

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you have unisured motorist coverage, you shouldn't have to pay anything. Hit & Run accidents are covered under the uninsured motorist coverage. All you need to do is file the accident with the police. Take the report to your insurance company, and you'll be set, won't have to pay a penny.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Man, that blows.

Now that I’m in New York, I changed my comprehensive insurance’s deductible to just 200.00. There are simply way too many jerk-offs in the city to screw around with high deductibles. Jesh, I'm getting 400.00 dents taken out of my doors every few months...

·
Registered
311 Posts
when I changed my insuranse from a $1000 dollars deductable to a $100 dollar deductable it only went up $16 dollars a month.

·
Registered
681 Posts
1000 deductible
holy sh*t, it might be a little more a month to pay but i would switch to 250 or 200

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, imma go with another carrier, and go with 500 deductible, this companys gonna save me like 60 bucks a month so its all good....for those of you that care, ill try and post some pics one of these days...

·
Registered
404 Posts
mak273 on Aug/08/02 said:
If you have unisured motorist coverage, you shouldn't have to pay anything. Hit & Run accidents are covered under the uninsured motorist coverage. All you need to do is file the accident with the police. Take the report to your insurance company, and you'll be set, won't have to pay a penny.
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Uninsured motorist coverage is for exactly what it says, if you get in an accident and the other person doesn't have insurance your insurance company picks up the tab, because they know who actually caused the damage. In this case it is handled just like vandalism in which as long as you have that coverage any repairs are covered by your insurer less the amount of your deductible. I was just hit in my driver door and the motherf**ker took off and I was stuck paying my $500 deductible. It blows but that is the way life goes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts