Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of 2 integras. 94 LS and a new 2000 GSR. I have a lot of income to mess with (for a college student heh) and I want to get the GSR in pristine condition. Im not going to be racing but that doesnt mean I dont want to have a fast car. I'm selling my other car on ebay right now (bmw 850i) and im ready to explode this gsr. It already does a number on my LS but that's not much of a comparison.

What should I do with a few thousand dollars to start with. I dont want to spend more than about 3-4K total. My friend has a 01 itr and i need to beat the living hell out of it.

From what I hear its very hard to find a stock gsr like this but there is actually another one in the apartment complex that i live in, same yr, same color....help me put him to shame.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Turbo it then...you don't mention what you are for and against...are you for f/i? Or do you want to go N/A. If you are for f/i, then beef it up and turbo it and blow the crap out of a lot of cars, not just that ITR...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dude - Your income must be really something if you had a BMW 8-series and just bought a 2000 Integra. Not bad for a college kid indeed.

For 3-4K, I'd just get it READY for a turbo. Build those internals!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know if i should be for or against f/i or N/A. This has to be a daily driven car, whats the recommendation there. As for building the internals, what on earth does that mean. I'm just used to bolt on parts for performance, nothing too fancy. And of course in the case of the 850i, no need to soup up a v12 =).

Oh and...You guys ever heard of Jotech?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Building your internals means replacing your stock internal engine parts (pistons, rods, etc...) w/ stronger components (usually forged) so that when you run high boost (w/ forced induction), stuff doesn't blow up!

You'll probably want to take a look at the articles on this site so that you can make a more informed decision on which way to go (NA or FI). Either way (with $$$) you can put together a fast daily driver that can take your buddy's Type-R, but it's really going to be a personal choice. Just read as much as you can before you decide. Don't rush into anything, because everything has pros and cons.

Oh- by 'total sleeper' I think FlyinHigh means that you should keep your car the same as it is now (or close to it) Looks -wise, and just focus on putting your $$$ into stuff that'll make it go fast. And if that IS what he means, I AGREE!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
yeah i sleeper would be putting a turbo under the hood, and getting rid of the GSR and vtec emblems, and maybe not washing the car that often. haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes turbo it and remove all the emblems. And get like a black grill to cover the FMIC. My friend has a CRX that is white and has bondo all over it no exhaust. People might think its slow, but under the hood is a B16a. He has nothing after the header and its loud!!!!

Looks can be deceiving. if you have alot of cash, replace the internals with stronger ones and boost the hell out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts