Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't know much about cars but I did a little research about why I get very low mileage with my Integ. I'm getting about 300kms (or 187 miles, I'm from Canada) per full tank of gas and read that it might be because of my spark plugs. I think I had them replaced a few years ago. My car has mostly been sitting, uninsured because I hate that gas is so expensive for me, especially having to get 91 premium gas. I plan on replacing my spark plugs again but I'm just wondering, how much approximately of an improvement in mileage would I gain? And, are there any other things I can do to improve mileage?

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
You should be getting at least 300 miles on a full tank. Few things that could effect your gas mileage. Is your check engine on? If you, definitely take car of it, as it may be it. 19 y.o. vehicle would benefit from the following maintenance that would improve mpg:

1. Air filter
2. Fuel filter
3. Spark plugs and wires
4. Distributor cap and rotor

But first thing I would run a compression test to make sure that the engine is building good compression.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Built_not_bought
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing