Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a BWFM200 (Black Widow) 2-way FM alarm...
I have my transmitter extended all the way to the back of my GS-R... it had good range to it.
The place that also installs them told me that if i take out the bezel and place it up under the dash... that it would reach the farthest.IT DOSENT... AND IT GIVES ME WRoNG SIGNALS

They then told me to place the transmitter in the A-column... I CANT FIT THAT IN THERE! the transmitter's to big!

Can anyone help out with this? Where to place it? For best range AND ACCURATE SIGNALS

thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
TurboLS on Aug/01/02 said:
is it like one of those ones with double sided tape? If so, I would put it on the top left of the windshield, on the inside. then, just use a putty knife to push the wire into the trim panel
thats exactly where mine is.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
screw the alarm. buy a pitbull and keep him in the back seat

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but then you can see the transmitter right on the window... right?

if the thief broke the window he'd just grab a hold and rip it out... right?

o yeah, i double sided to the hatchback window before... and the tape melted after 3 weeks!

ANY OTHER IDEAS?

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
If you're worried about someone cutting the transmitter wire, just get a pager that accepts the signal. If the line is cut, it'll send an instant ground signal to the pager. My system is custom, but i'm sure viper or baretta have comparable systems with pagers. I would look into those if you are seriously worried about thieves.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
someone jsut told me that if i take the transmitter out of the case... and slide the board up IN TO the liner of the roof, near the rearview mirror... it will get the best reception.

How can i make a slot in the liner to put the circuit board???? does the liner just pull down or what?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts