Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... I was wondering if its ok to run a car w/ turbo cams and not have a turbo? cuz I'm getting a turbo in about 2 months, but b4 that I was gonna get my engine built for a turbo... including turbo cams...

2) should I go with a "kit" like from GReddy.. or do it myself... was thinking of something along the lines of this:
* Apex-i Turbo Timer
* HKS BOV
* HKS Flange
* Turbonetics T03/04E Hybrid Turbocharger
* GReddy Intercooler Kit
* MSD Ignition
* Magnacor Spark Plug Wires
* Zex Spark Plugs
* GReddy Down Pipe/Exhaust Piping
* Autometer Oil & Boost Gauges in the dual A-pillar pod...

comments? suggestions?

thx,

Oisin

·
Registered
157 Posts
1: Its ok to run with Turbo cams, but its going to run like sh*t. Turbo cams generally have high lift and very little overlap. Overlap is essential to NA cars. You should ensure you buy the springs and retainers with the cams, your stock ones won't be up to snuff.

2. If you want it to be SMOG legal, go with the Greddy. I don't know how Oregon's laws are, or if thats even a consideration. As far as throwing it together yourself or not, sit down and price out everything you want, and price out everything in the kits individually. Add them up with the time and energy it takes to assemble/fabricate things on your own, and decide if its worth it to you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man.. I appreciate your help. Plus its made me come to a decision :)

I think I'm gonna get the GReddy turbo kit, run it at a really low PSI on stock internals. Then upgrade the cams retainers springs pistons etc. after I get the turbo.
sound ok?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts