Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cap. when do I tap it in the power wire before or after the 4 way dist. block? I know it has to be tap in the power wire that runs to the amp thats hooked up to the Subs.

Also I have (2) Y Rca adapter. I have 1 rca convertor thats hooked up to the stock head unit the Rca run from that convertor to (1) amp (subs) do I need to plug up the (2) Y adapter to the convertor or should I hook up my other Rca convertor (Spare). I need to run some Rca to my other amp (mids and high). I never hooked up 2 or more amp to a stock head unit only aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way Im not running Rca from 1 amp to the next. Because Im changing my head unit in the future.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
For your situation, it's best that you tap into the power wire between the block and the amp that drives the subs.

As for your rca situation......just buy an aftermarket deck. It would definitely be easier if you simply split the rca's, so I'd try that first. If there's noise between the 2 amps because of the Y cable, then break out your other one to isolate the noise............or just buy an aftermarket deck.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks cheez. I guess I finish it over the weekend it shouldnt take me that long because 97% is completed.

Im planing to buy the Alpine in dash screen xm ready sometime next year. I forgot the model number.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 4 way dist block hooked already my Subs, cap, and my bass 2 chan. amp is hooked and playing. on the second 4chan. amp (mids and highs) Remote wire should I hook it to my bass amp or behind the stock headunit and I also came across I also need to run another set of Rca cable totle of 2 for my 4chan. amp I have to figure away how to hook both Rca (4 chan. amp) behind the stock hedunit.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Its been about a month now and I still havent finish it because of the heat in Maryland were in a Drout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts