Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post on team-integra.
I was hoping to get some input on the situation I'm in.

The 1st da pictured is my rhd shell.(1993)
The 2nd da is a has a b18a1 and a 5spd but makes some engine noise in the valve train.(1990)
The 3rd is my 1998 crv I got a couple weeks ago and was smashed into out front my house last night. It has a b20b4 and 5 spd awd. I should be getting some money from the accident but idk how much.

Long story short I want to get my rhd going and turbo it. But idk if I should use the b18a1 or the b20b4. I'm only looking for 300-400hp. I just wanna get my rhd going and be able to enjoy the car. Something I can daily drive If I want too but still give people a good run light to light. I plan and doing a different swap later down the road when I have the funds to go all out on a build. And input helps. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
01 vogue silver metallic gsr
61 Posts
Personally I’d say get the b20 sleeved and go all out but if you plan on having more of a budgeted boost build I’d say boost the b18 first and worst case you have the b20 built on a stand ready to go in with a deeper pocketed build with bigger goals if or when the b18 fails and you’d just switch parts over. I believe either block are safe up to 600hp if I remember correctly so both should reach your goals no problem. also more displacement gives you more torque which is another variable to consider aswell. Good luck, either way you’re in a great place there’s tons of info here

·
Registered
01 vogue silver metallic gsr
61 Posts
Not on stock sleeves. I personally wouldn't push past 250-300wtq, especially on pump fuel. The b20 - even less than that since those cylinder walls are thinner.
My mistake, I could’ve sworn years ago someone on here said they were safe for 600. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any block is good if sleeved like darton. My boy has a 694whp gsr but again sleeved. It all depends on how long you can make it rain. Ima poor guy 😁 I make it drizzle.. Either way have fun with the build and keep us updated.
#secondgenintegraftw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts